I broke her heart

I used to post on here having had my own heart broken at the beginning of last year. I only just started coming out of the darkness when I met this wonderful girl. And now I've broken her heart.

We had only been together for 3 months, but she fell deeply in love with me and told me so. She is such an amazing person, so caring and honestly overwhelmed me by the things she said and did for me. She is so smart and funny, and a really genuine and good person.

I made a terrible mistake by getting into this relationship. I may have broken up with my ex over a year ago but despite the fact I no longer care for my ex at all I still wasn't ready for something new. It was so hard to break up with this girl because she honestly doesn't deserve the pain, and because I have felt that pain I just felt sick about the thought of letting her down so badly.

She was physically sick when I broke up with her. I have let her down so badly. She said I was everything she dreamed of and couldn't believe it was ending. But she didn't plead or anything of the sort. She just couldn't understand it, and her heart breaking in front of me was one of the hardest things I have ever had to endure.

She came along at the wrong time. I have been so irresponsible getting involved and have had to hurt somebody else in my own process of realising I have to be alone.

I just had to get it out there. She is such a dreamer and I feel like I have totally shattered those dreams. I never want to be the cause of this again.

I have never ended a relationship because i get attached easily and fear abandonment. I would hate to think i had caused someone the pain that i have felt the last few months. I dont blame my ex fully i think we both contributed but i had a really hard time being the one who didnt end it even though i probably knew it was the right thing to do.

coming on here and saying how bad you feel shows you didnt act out of malice or try to deceive. i think most people have a good heart and we do what we feel is right at the time. granted some people dont have the best motives but i think for you to feel the way you do about the break up shows you are a good person and i would try and let go of the guilt.

I suppose it's better you doing this now rather than another 3 months down the line when she probably would've fallen for you even more. I think this took a lot of guts buddy, and the fact that it hurt you so much shows you're a good caring guy. Don't beat yourself up too much though as you've done the right thing. Your ex might not see that now, but it would have been unfair to her if you had strung her along. Now she can find someone who is right for her, because unfortunately for her this person wasn't you!

PS, to all other posters - This is proof some dumpers do care!!!