did i make the wrong desicion breaking up wit my girlfriend

alright
so
i just broke up wit my
gf
last night. we'd been together for 5.5 years and started dating wen we were 18. the first 4.5 years had been great but then we just grew apart and we both new that we had
so
we decided to try and fix it but i just haven't got the same feelings anymore and hav started to get feelings for another girl. i hav been very distanced from her lately and not really giving us much time together cause ive been thinking of calling it off for a few months partly cause of the other girl that i like who i no likes me to and i was jelous wen i saw her with another guy. i told her last night that i had these thoughts and i called it off. now i can't stop thinking that i made a mistake and maybe i could off done more to try and get feelings back for her if i didn't talk to this other girl all the time but i no that i would just be hurting her more staying wit her while having feelings for another girl and is it cause we only just broke up and i hate seeing how sad and hurt she was that i am having these feelings? also i haven't been able to stop crying and thinking about her all day cause i do love her i just don't think that it is enough to stay wit her or am i feeling like this out of guilt thoughts or is it just the whole grass is greener on the other side thing

Been there buddy. For me, breaking up with my first boyfriend ended up being the right thing to do (I didn't do it BECAUSE I had feelings for someone else but it was one of the factors that let me know I wasn't as into him as I thought). I went through the doubt and stuff myself. But I know plenty of people who broke up with someone because they had feelings for another person and realized they made a mistake, went back to their ex, and are now in healthy relationships.

It's an individual thing. My suggestion is to give yourself time to figure out how you really feel. Don't date either girl for now.

Unfortunately for your ex I think you need to discover what these feelings are for this other girl before you make any decision... Just remember though it's easy to get caught up in GIGS only to realise you already had everything you ever wanted!!!