Would you ever take someone back if they really changed?

My questions is aimed at dumpers. Most dumpees here will tell me to not do it for certain reasons, but I will let you all know I'm cool with my decisions.

It's been about a month and a half, almost two months.

During our time apart, we met a few times. Feelings on both sides weren't healed yet.

Then I decided I couldn't go on and went NC.

We hung out one last time about a week ago. She seemed really happy and bragged a lot to me about how well she was doing. She's has new friends, and I think she's casually dating now. (So was I at the time, but that still hurt)

I kinda just left and decided that I too, would like to be as happy. It was a mistake that I went and saw her, but I felt so happy deep inside knowing she was happy.

I've been making an effort to change, and become a better person. I am, and now I'm going all out, because I want to be happy again. I've never failed at anything I've ever done, and I'm going to do it.

But of course there's the lingering reasons as to "why" I want to change. Why I am undergoing to therapy. Why I've been hitting the gym, buying new clothes, etc. Well honestly, I want to change for me above all. But I'd be a bold face liar if I were to say there's isn't a part of me that wants to change for her, and for us.

When I'm ready and I'm happy again, I have have intentions of reaching out to her.

I am a very smart individual, I am determined, confident, and I love achieving my goals. With that being said, I know for sure this is the one for me. I may find love again, but I will never love as much with I did her. And I'm not going down without a fight.

I know she loved me too. To me, there is no way you can love someone at one point and still reject them when they've made a whole self evaluation and reconstruction of who they are.

It's kinda like watermelon. I liked it cut up, but when there was seeds, I wouldn't eat it. Then it came back in seedless form and I was all about it.

I want to reach out when we've both regained our stance, and find each other both happy, and attempt to start fresh.

What do you think?

Well it's a very good thing to know that you are improving yourself and you are obviously a very confident guy... It's good that you wanna fight for her and get her back...

But I will say everything depends on the break up and how strong your relationship was... I had seen friends taking their ex back after their ex boyfriend changed and improved on the area that they were weak at during the relationship... They are still going strong now...

Do you know the real reason for you break up..? If you do, and if it's something that you can fix (bad habit, bad attitude), yea, then improve on those area as well...

Not to say to put you down or what... It also depends on the girl whether she wants you back or not... If the girl is waiting to see change in you then you stand a better chance... But if the girl is interested in someone else, then it's a completely different story... So it is not an easy task and it doesn't mean that you will always get her back... But I do wish you luck and really hope that you get your girl...