I miss her family more than her right now

So like all day today, i thought i was having an emotional setback because i thought i was missing her, but after thinking about it...i really miss her family more than my ex right now. I loved her family, they were so kind to me, they made me feel like part of the family. I mean just this summer i got to go camping with my (then gf) and her family and it was a blast. And also for some reason everytime i hear any sort of country song it reminds me of her family. Her little brother was like the little brother i never had. I miss them all so much :( Im not sure if anyone has gone through this on here, but any ways to help me cope with missing her family so much?

It's all part of the healing process. I think it's you associating your ex with all of the things you will miss out on because they are your ex now. I remember when I started missing my ex's family more than I missed my ex, I even went to the extent of missing her dog more than I did her.

It's your mind making connections, just a little delayed because of the trauma of the breakup. Cause: she dumped me, Effect: I don't get to be with her... (Later on) Effect: I don't get to see her family :(

I know how you're feeling, my ex has a three year old half brother, and for some reason I was thinking about him the other day and how fun he is to play with, and I thought about him asking his mom when I was coming over next and that thought really beat me down that day. I agree with Phoenix, I think that you're not only forced to get over your ex, but also all the things that you associate with him/her, even other people that you still may want in your life.

Edited by calreese

My ex's mum set us up , so I knew her before I met him . I got on so well with her and his sister . His sister and I talked on the phone for hours . I loved his niece too . But for a stupid reason they ended up hating me and I haven't spoken to them since christmas . I wonder if they talked him into ending it with me .but I still miss them , I felt so lucky and thought it would be a perfect family if we married .

• Author
My ex's mum set us up , so I knew her before I met him . I got on so well with her and his sister . His sister and I talked on the phone for hours . I loved his niece too . But for a stupid reason they ended up hating me and I haven't spoken to them since christmas . I wonder if they talked him into ending it with me .but I still miss them , I felt so lucky and thought it would be a perfect family if we married .

Exactly how i felt. I felt i found the perfect family to marry into. I mean i loved the girl and i loved her family. I thought i was the luckiest guy in the world. Now my dreams are crushed :(