Does NC work to get your ex back after LDR break-up?

GaHeartbroken

Does NC work to get your ex back after LDR break-up? Any experiences or options about this question? Does it work, or is being friends better to rekindle the relationship when dealing with a breakup after LDR? Would it not be easier for the other person to just forget you with NC after LDR?

Thank you for your response(s)! Wishing you all the best in your relationship(s)!

NC is not a tool to get them back. It is time to reflect, gather yourself up, hold your head up and try to understand you and how you got to this point. It's also there to ease the pain in time of the break up. Time is the best healer, anyone will tell you that...the days get easier...slowly, but they will.

Sometimes NC will spark a thought in the dumpers head on what they have given up...you and they MAY regret their decision, but this is not a given by any means.

hey the No Contact rule shouldnt be about them it should be about you getting better. however it also allows the ex to see how life would be life after ur gone for good.

if u stayed in there life and tried to fight it out and get back well u would only enforce there decision to leave you. it happened to me and then i just whats the point of fighting for my love when they dont want me ever. so i left and its been 4 months of no contact.

now she might have forgotten about me but that just goes on to tell me perhaps she never truly loved me. she was my best friend also so u can imagine what she meant to me and still does. however how many times would a person be humiliated. i however wish she gets all she wants and is happy.

so yea go the No Contact way theres nothing much u can do man if u stay and fight it out ur going to hurt urself and ur chances completely.

i dont think so I duno

I did LDR and one of the things she said before she broke up was that we didnt see each other one week and it wasnt so bad

if they alredy live most of their life without you, how are they gonna notice any difference

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Thank you all for your responses!

I do know that NC is mostly for the dumpee. Has anybody had any experiences of getting back together from a LDR break-up using NC? Or has anybody stayed friends and then got back together?

If the dumper wanted a clean break to begin with, wouldn't NC just allow you to be forgotten? Shouldn't the reverse be used? Although what if they wanted a clean break but still wanted to remain friends?