NC is heartbreaking

thinkinglots

make a long story short

me and my boyfriend broke up in the fall. He started seeing someone else but told me he stilled loved me and wanted us back.

He explainded he put himself in a complicated positon but still wanted us to get back together.

texting, talking seeing each other the past 6 months.

He told me he broke up with this other girl 6 weeks ago.this past weekend they were seen together and I asked him what was up.

He said they were "seeing what happens" hug fight could not believe he led me on this long and I love him so I belived his words.

Miss him to death cant eat, sleep, just making the days pass 3 days of NC it is sooooooooo hard!!!! ANy words on the situation.

Edited by thinkinglots

Keep NC and stick to it, hes playing with you and stringing you along. You need to detach from him emotionally and the more he contacts you and you contact him, the longer it will take.

the ex did the same thing to me. just kept stringing me along; he made a lot of empty promises. he kept saying we could be friends, but who knows down the road -- maybe; blah blah blah. i finally couldn't take it and went NC. the first few weeks it felt like a prison sentence. but after about months it started to feel more like a vacation :cool:- - no more having to worry about my stomach clenching upon seeing him on facebook with some girl (i stopped looking the day i went NC); no more scavenging for that one scrap of hope in all those empty promises he fed me; no more driving myself crazy with the overanalyses of maybe he meant this instead of that, etc.

don't get me wrong i still love him and i do miss him - - as a person. but i definitely don't miss all the drama and being led around in circles.

california15

Don't let him play with your emotions like that. And don't waste your precious time waiting on someone like that either. He clearly is SHOWING you that he wants his cake and wants to eat it too. Don't put up with that! Don't be a puppy waiting for him to have his fun and decide if he wants to be with you or not. When guys show you who they are, take it for face value and accept it as it is. He's out living his life and having fun. You deserve the same. Go out with your girls, do something new, pamper yourself, keep yourself busy - even if it is something as simple as trying to cook a new recipe, going for a walk, or organizing desk drawers.

Love yourself. Respect yourself. You don't deserve to be strung along. You deserve someone who can't get enough of you and clearly SHOWS you they want you and ONLY you. You deserve so much more than this.

You don't NEED him in your life, because you have a wonderful life, whether or not he's in it.

NC is hard, but its so worth it. Your sanity and emotions are worth it. You can do it.

I've done the same thing before when I was much younger. As everyone else has said, he's just stringing you along. Perhaps he's trying to have his cake and eat it, too. Perhaps he's indecisive. Perhaps he just doesn't know what/who he wants.

Whatever the reason, he doesn't care as much about you (or himself, really) as you do him. There's no need for you to put more stock in the relationship.

Move on and find someone who really wants to be with you (and vice-versa). It'll get easier in time.