I miss my ex...a lot, family trip next week without her

Hey haven't posted here in a while

I was about a month and a half of NC with my ex and I was doing fine, especially cause I started talking to a new girl and went on a couple dates. A couple weeks ago I started to suspect she was just using me to make HER ex jealous, and my suspicions were correct when after a week of her not texting me or anything she was back with her ex.

After that, I started to think a lot about my ex and miss her more and more. A few days ago, almost on que, my ex sent me a text "hey how are you"... If it had been a week earlier, I wouldn't have responded. But sadly I did and she then called me and we talked for about 15 mins. I realized it wasn't going anywhere so I said I had to go and hung up.

The next day, she texted me again thanking me for something I had done for her 5 months before. I responded "Np" and that was it. The day after that she texted me asking about my SAT scores. I kept it short and stopped replying after a couple texts.

I know I definitely shouldn't have replied to her in the first place, and its been a few days since our last texts and I haven't talked to her since. I don't feel horribly set back, but I am thinking about good times I had with her constantly and wish I could be with her.

The reason I'm posting is because next week I'm going to my grandparents lakehouse where she went with me last summer. I can honestly say it was the best 4 days of my life and what normally would be a really boring trip was the most fun and best time I've ever had. Just the thought of going next week without her makes me want to cry and I hate to think of how much its going to suck without her and how hard its going to be.

Does anyone have any advice on how to handle going on my trip next week or do I just have to suck it up and get through it?

Also, now that I've had contact with my ex a few days ago, I find myself more and more tempted to text her. This is a problem and I know what I need to do but I don't know how I'm gonna do it anymore, I miss her

• Author

I just honestly don't know what to do anymore, I feel like it's not going to get better until I graduate from high school in a year. Even last night I hooked up with a girl thinking I would feel a little better after this and I couldn't stop thinking about my ex when doing it. Take in mind my ex has a new boyfriend and doesn't care what I do. Im just so down on myself

Yeah, if you said she has a new boyfriend and doesn't care what you do then why are you talking to her? She's trying to get you into the friend zone. You still have feelings for her and you're still missing her. I'm sure after that you've texted her you end up missing her like crazy, like you just want to continue to text her all day and all night. Are you being fair to yourself?

• Author
Yeah, if you said she has a new boyfriend and doesn't care what you do then why are you talking to her? She's trying to get you into the friend zone. You still have feelings for her and you're still missing her. I'm sure after that you've texted her you end up missing her like crazy, like you just want to continue to text her all day and all night. Are you being fair to yourself?

Yeah I completely agree she's trying to get me into the friend zone after we didn't end so well. Its not fair to myself but at this point I feel like I would be happier in the friend zone than I am right now... I just don't know I need to suck it up but its ****in hard