Added an Ex on Facebook...

So I added an ex on facebook, things didn't end well and I like to reconcile differences in a quiet fashion, it was my way of burying the hatchet. She accepts but a couple days later I notice she's blocked me from commenting/liking her updates. I found it kind of insulting, as if I'm going to start posting psychotic crap on her profile or something. I really have no idea why she even accepted if she's going to be that way. I didn't even comment or message her. Should I just delete her now or just shrug it off?

I say just shrug it off. If you delete her it will give her reason to think that maybe you werent over her. If you truly are over her then just forget that she is even on your FB. Don't delete her though. She will most likely reach out to you in the future. Just leave it things the way they are :cool:

confused1989

Thedude22, the exact same thing happened to me. I didn't delete my ex in the first place, nor did she delete me, so I didn't have to re add her or anything.

Our breakup was actually ugly but she initiated it. I caught her in a lie, and instead of owning up to it she told me she didn't feel the same about me anymore, and hadn't for a while. So I was crushed by this and could not trust her, and therefore we ended up breaking up. We talked for 2 months after that, and it was only a few weeks ago that I put my foot down and said we can't talk anymore.

Point is .... my situation is probably a lot different than yours. I feel as though my ex initiated our breakup big time, yet she blamed me for it and told me it was all my fault and I dumped her (manipulative).

I have her hid from my news feed but there were times I caved and checked her profile when we first broke up, and I noticed that I can't comment or like any of her stuff either.

Don't know why she did it..... especially since I'm the one who told her we can't talk anymore, but she was the one who basically caused the breakup to happen.

But like the other poster said, don't delete her, just ignore it. She may want to provoke a reaction out of you, don't give it to her. I didn't give my ex that ego stroke. She still had a bunch of display pictures of us too that she kept up there although she deleted other pictures of other people.

I haven't checked her Facebook in a couple of weeks now, and it feels damn good in so many ways.

Do you still have feelings for her, or hopes that you'll get back together? Either way she may think you do, if so she's either put off by the idea (sorry to be harsh) and so has blocked you or might like the idea but unsure about what you want so may be wanting a reaction.

I agree with those above, just ignore it. Continue posting about good things in your life (that's what everyone else does, even those without lives) and see if you get a reaction. If she makes contact, just say you didn't notice she'd blocked you.

It all depends on what you want by re-adding her on FB.

Shrug it off because it's her choice of how she wants to customize her profile page.

It's your choice to ignore whatever choices she wants to make.