NC in a shared custody situation

don diego 78

Hi folks, NC is working really well for me right now. I didn't realize it had a name before coming to this forum but if only I had started on this path earlier...really. I look back at early after the split and even 6 months ago and feel like those were pathetic times, and yet I do recognize that time plays a role in the healing.

Anyway, my question is this: I have to see my ex quite often when we do the exchanges with our son. To me these moments feel more like I'm doing the silent treatment or giving off an angry vibe. Because I'm not certain whether or not I'm completely ready to give up on this woman, should I at least try to be pleasant? I don't know. To me it defeats the purpose. I'm an all or nothing kind of guy but if the point of NC is to move on but at the same time leave the door open for a possible regret from the other side (which has begun to happen here and there in small hints), do I really want to potentially close the door on that possibility? It's definitely easier for me to COLD because I get swept away in my emotions/memories/desire to be nice to her really easily. It's like a weird on/off switch.