feeling that crappy feeling sinking back into me

Ahh its been one week and one day since my first proper r/ship ended after about a year. He broke up with me and i can see that its good for me as I deserved someone more into me but it doesnt stop me having huge pangs of loneliness and pain. Its ironic cause he still talks to me and its really no different and we wouldnt see each other during the week anyway yet i still feel terrible on weeknights as much as the weekend.

I find my pain comes and goes one second i'll feel happy and relieved and the next second like i want to die.

I just need some encouragement

It's a horrible feeling and for me I have stopped doing a lot of things, going out, seeing friends etc I just want to stay in all the time and that's after literally 3 months since we BU. The pain does become less intense but seems to linger for an awful long time. Sorry if that's not much encouragement but really you have to look at what is in front, face it and deal with it as that is the only way you will get over it, that is why NC is almost always recommended to people in this situation.

It takes time, just know it gets better. I know everyone says this but it's because it's true. I was in the same boat two months ago. It sucks at first, and even now two months later I still have thoughts, but you just have to take this time to improve yourself, boost your confidence, and carry on.

I'd suggest not having any contact with him, as it will ultimately help you. Show him you can carry on just fine without him in your life.