Nightmare Christmas

Hi everyone. My story begins when my girlfriend of 3 years now went to Malaysia for exchange. It was 4 months. She was always a clingy kind of girl, insisited I was on skype to talk every night and I was only too happy to oblige.

I go and visit her on her 21st in September in Malaysia during my mid term break. I get there first three days are great then she says shes reassessing our relationship. I am shocked and hurt so I go to the airport after discussing this with her. I head all the way back to Australia. She calls me crying wants me back. So I take her back.

Flashforward to 3 days before my final uni exams. I find out shes been to a movie with a 30 year old engineering student I had previously told her to tell to avoid as he was highly into her and continued to keep asking her out, pestering and nagging her. She eventually says yes to the film, on her single friends insistence. This guy is from South Africa wants her to go there with her, and tells her I am an insecure little melbourne boy who is no longer needed.

I confront her on the phone about this. She avoids me for two days, then says she wants to be single. I bascially give up on this lost cause. until she arrives home to Melbourne and insists on meeting up. I do so, she tries to seduce me, and is going hot and cold towards me and blaming me for causing her to cheat and 'taking her for granted'.

Over christmas shes been emailing me saying merry christmas etc, wants me to call etc but still says she cant be committed. What do I do? I really loved this girl and its killing me what shes done to me. She was never ever like this before, her excursion to Malaysia has absolutely destroyed everything we had.

Here's your 2X4, get ready; She's a wh#re. She's playing you like a violin, and you're allowing it. She knows she's got you wrapped around her pinky finger. She blames YOU for cheating? Give me a f#cking break.

You need to delete her info from every form of communication you own, and block her numbers, email, IM, everything.

You deserve much better.

• Author

I know, the thing is I know she is playing me. I keep thinking that some sort of humanity will arise within her. And I do feel like I took her for granted now in some ways, looking back. I thought at the time I was doing everything alright, I just don't know if theres an element of truth in what she is saying now. She is making me reevalaute everything I did. For example the other day she tried to talk to me nicely, just talking about old times, mutual interests and stuff then she brings up that she is going to see a band who I wanted to take her too three times last year, and she refused. Now shes going to see the same people play, except this time with her Malaysian buddies. Two guys and the single 'best friend' of hers. Can't help feeling that shes replaced me with these people and no longer needs me in her life at all. Before I did everything for her, and she was needy and insecure. Its a month onward and I still cannot beleive this **** is happening.

• Author

Given that I am thinking about this girl constantly 24/7, should I be seeking psychological help about now, its been a full month and I have tried to hate her, but I keep slipping up and contacting her and responding to her emails. Thanks everyone so much.