I can't move forward

A month ago my boyfriend who I loved with all I am split up with me. I am completely devastated, even more so now than I was when it first happened. I truly believed we would be together forever and we often spoke about getting married and having children. We were together for 6 months and then moved in together and lived together for a year. Things were so good. I trusted him completely and he did me also. A few months back he got some bad news from family and his world seemed to fall apart. He quit his job which he hated anyway and just became completely depressed. He has suffered badly with depression when he was younger and it seemed to come back even worse. He started going out all the time and making me worry where he was. Going out until 5am and one night not coming home. I know he wasn't cheating on me, I know this 100%. The way he deals with things is to get completely smashed. We had lots of talks about it and he agreed to try to sort himself out. He went to the doctors and was put on some tablets. They made him act so numb and he didn't seem to like them. He tried not drinking but then things got worse. He went away for a few nights and when he rang me I just knew he didn't want to be with me anymore. That was it. Our life together was over. I was so upset, I couldn't handle it. I still don't know what to do. We speak almost everyday. He says he loves me a lot and misses me so much but he just doesn't feel the same. He says it;s not fair to be with me when I want to get married and have children and he just can't see that anymore. He says he can't see his own future anymore let alone ours together. I understand this and I hate it. I just can't move on. I feel like there is no point. He is the only person I want to be with. Knowing the person I love with all my heart doesn't want to be with me absolutely kills me. Any help would be good. I don't speak to anyone about this, except him.

This is hard to say hun but you cannot help someone who isn't willing to help themselves. A person who doesn't respect or love themselves cannot possibly feel that way towards another person either. Your best bet is to go NC with him for now. At this time he knows he can have you back anytime. You need to make that vision disappear.

As long as you make statements like "I can't move forward" and believe that he is the "One" and you can't go on, then you won't. For whatever reason, it is over. He's made it clear that he doesn't want to go forward with you. I know it hurts, but it's best for you to move on and find a guy that REALLY wants you and wants what you want. If you try to continue with him, you're just going to prolong your misery. Sorry, I know it's not what you want to hear, but you have to start moving on.