Sooo regretful... !!!!!!!!!

So I dated my bf for 2.5yrs and we lived together and we started having problems around the 2yr mark, we started growing distant and I started seeing someone else while we were together. About 6 months later we broke up (september 09). Eventhough we weren't a couple for about 3 months but we were texting all the time and seeing eachother once or twice a week, just dinner and like ice cream. We tried it again around January and it didn't really work out. He made me feel more special and confident and trusting then anyone's ever made me feel but he had issues and so did I. (bbaddd attitude, couldn't keep his job, very rude, selifsh in the bedroom, gambling issues, etc.) even with all those issues he made me such a patient, loving, happy person which i didn't even know i could be. Anyway, so sometime in March we stopped texting everyday and about a month ago he texts me tellin me he met someone else and wants to see where things go with her. i was HEART BROKEN, i can't explain it. although i was seeing this other person they weren't HIM, and all i could ever think about was my EX, the new guy and i fight like CRAZYYY cause i can't help but compare and miss how things were. He was seriously my best friend, we did everything together and he made me feel so different, but since i loved him sooo much his attitude and lying hurt me sooo much i took it REALLY hard. he's now with this other person and i seriously can NOTTT stop thinking about him, i dream bout him constantly and am alwaysss wondering if he's thinking about me. anyone else experience something similar and/or have any advice?? i feel bad for this new person cause they reallyyyy care but i just can't seem to get over the ex in which i don't even know if i really want to be with him, just miss "us" sooo much. do i need to get over myself, get a grip, move on, leave this new guy since i'm not happy eventhough i don't even know if it's really him or just me not over my ex

HELPPP PLEASSEEEE!!! my heart is in a million pieces.[/FONT][/sIZE]

this quote makes me realize it's not easy but i'm 28 and have never been so hung up on someone.

"Letting go isn't a one-time thing, it's something you have to do everyday, over and over again."[/FONT][/sIZE]

You and this man need to stay away from each other. I know that sounds harsh, but it is the only way. What you describe is a horribly toxic, obssessive relationship. People in situations like your waste years of their lives in a break up/make up/break up again cycle that almost always ends in a final break up. And that final one is often ugly.