Loss of worth

EmptyHeart359

Untill last friday, I was in a relationship that meant the world to me. She had been ignoring me for about 2 months now. she had been causeing problems since valentines day. She was angry that I had demanded that she spend valantine's day with me instead of having her go to the valintines dance. even if she had gone with me, i whould have just sat outside and not been with her. I was threatened by her not wanting to be with me on the day of couples. I was worried she had someone else she wanted to be with more, like another boyfriend.

The problems continued to get worse because she would not talk to me about them. She ruined my graduation for me two weeks before the breaking up. We went on a break so she could think about things. She relized our relationship was not healthy.

She planned to disscuss with me why she was breaking up with me in person and everything would be ok. but she got upset when we were deciding were to meet, and broke up with me on the phone.

I have been a jerk the past few weeks, I admit, but she was the one to agree to times to meet and then break the plans for the smallest reason. She told lies about us and tried to assainate my charactor in the eyes of everyone I know.

She says my 'restricting' her from going to the valintines dance caused it. Were my actions and feelings about the dance wrong?

I think demanding anything of anyone is way off base. You cannot force someone to do something they don't want to do and if you have to force them, what is the pleasure in that?

If you have just graduated and this girl has ignored you for a few months, that says it all. It's time to let it go and move on as much as it hurts, it's for the best. She's obviously not interested and you're only doing more harm to your own self worth by clinging to a person who has no interest in a relationship.