If they dont want you, do they really want to be "friends"?

herselftheelf

I feel like because of a lot of circumstances, me and my very recent ex (last weekend) are very close, best friends. Soulmates. and I have hopes of being back together,

So.. we're broke up now..

He wants to stay friends, with every day contact.

I guess the details of the relationship and break up are not important because Im really wondering about the friends thing.

If he had no interest, really.. if a man had no interest.. would he want to stay very close.. talk every day, see each other often..

why would he do that?

If he weas really done with me wouldnt he lessen contact?

Almost the same thing with my ex, and it is one of the many reasons I decided to be done with the games...he was a commitment phobic and did not know what he really wanted. I feel like he wanted to stay in the picture incase no one else would take him or deal with him. He wanted "someone" in his life to talk to and hang with when it was convinient for him....the whole relationship turned out to be "about him".

He wanted the continuous contact also....nothing made sense....he was always saying in essence..."come closer, get away from me"....I could not take it....and constantly jealous accusing me of cheating on him all of the time, then got real weird when my son moved back home and started a fight with him....too much.

He had some very strange ways about him and I know nobody would put up with the weird....and I mean really weird. He mostlikely will be alone for the rest of his life unless someone could put up with his being way cheap, not much emotional attention, a filthy house filled with junk, maniquins all over the house and God only knows what he does with them, mentally and emotionally abusive, very mean and horrible when he takes a particular drug cocktail, not physically attractive at all....but he does take a shower everyday....that is the only thing he has going for him really.

Let someone find you who REALLY wants to be with you and ready to make all the commitments at the appropriate time...

My ex is the same, but has given no indication he wants to be my partner again.

It's impossible to say what will happen.

Good luck though!

• Author
herselftheelf

pureinheart

same for my ex.. he's really odd. and I think he'll stay single because who'd want the oddness?

which is one reason why I feel like we'll get back together. dumb, eh? to think that it will be because no one else will want him? lol

My ex was hit with the ugly stick, too. Lives in a shack of a cabin out in the middle of nowhere. doesnt have man aquins, but his house is FULL of clutter. He lives with several cats.

He spends considerable time playing a FEMALE character in a role playing game.

He's very very nice.. but formal in a way, too. Like, if I was to whisper "I want you to f*kc me" he'd probably look shy back or say, "that sounds lovely" in his not-very-deep voice. He has no man mojo at all.

He has all these women "friends" who he has been with in some capacity.. none have really wanted him, because he has no real idea how to make a woman feel wanted or even make a move really.

But I feel like over the years WE have really built a solid good relationship.

Our only fights are about his comittment phobia and his unwillingness to call me his girlfriend, change his facebook status to "in a relationship", let me meet friends or family.. I never was even allowed to his house for 2+ years of knowing him. (because its such a shack and so cluttered).

He's not mean at all, he treats e very nicely. But he never initiates sex or anything beyond touching/ holdig hands.

I'm positive its more tha just shyness/ social ineptness.

He was married for 8 years, cheated on her in the end, had ads online for years to meet someone, finally left when he met a TOTAL trainwreck of a mentally unstable woman who would cheat with him (and his wife was normal-- thats probably the problem he had with her lmao), told me he didnt like sex with his wife, told me they didnt sleep together or have sex for the whole last year they were together...

and I think he treated me much the same way. ugh.