He doesn't want to be with me but doesn't want to let me go

TapiocaDexterin

TapiocaDexterin

So my ex and I worked on something together before the breakup, and I need a copy of the files.

After 24 days NC I decided to ask for them.

I treated it like a business correspondance, brief, to the point and formal.

I emailed him rather than contact by phone beacuse as he had asked for NC i thought phone contact would be too intrusive.

I got a text message a while later from him saying he got my email, would put the files on a disk and drop it over to my house, and that he hoped I was ok.

I replied thanks, i'd appreciate that. let me know what if i owe you anythings re disks/time copying files etc. I wanted to keep it business like.I though he was fishing by saying he hoped i was ok, so i ignored that part.

He replied asking did i really think he'd charge me.

I said sorry i didnt mean it in a bad way, that i hadnt wanted to be presumptous and that i would appreciate his giving me the files.

he said ok, and again siad he hoped i was ok.

SORRY THIS IS HIDEOUSLY LONG WINDED GUYS!

anyway, after a bit of back and forth I caved and asked if he was ok and if he missed me, (im only human! and weak willed! )to which he yes sometimes.

to cut a long stort short, he was pleased to get my email, he missed talking to me and wants us to keep in touch as friends, wants me in his life as a friend, doesnt want to go back to NC and would never want to give a relationship a go with me.

So I said I'd prefer NC thanks very much.

And he is insisting he doesnt want that, but then he said he was irritated by my texts, to which i replied i emailed you so as not to irritate you and you were the one who initiated phone contact, and that if he preferred I wouldn’t ever text him again, after that he completely backed down!

he is also insisting he wants to meet me to give me the disk.

I told him that to save akwardness he could email the files to me, or post the disk, or pass it through a mutual friend, or drop it off at my house when im not there, but he is insisting he'll give it to me in person.

I just dont understand - if he doesnt want to be with me why does he want me in his life at all?

why does he want to meet re disk?

If he misses talking to me why doesnt he want to give it another go?

why did my texts irritate him when he started it and why did he back down straight away when i pointed that out?

I have read your story on one of the nigts where I read loveshack on my iPhone before I sleep. I remember the name for sure. My friends always give me short but too the point advice and I will do the same for you.

If someone wanted you to be their main squeeze, they wouldn't let anything stop them. Don't be a back up plan and if you are still in lovewith him don't settle for friends. Do yourself a huge favour and stick to your contact.

I just dont understand - if he doesnt want to be with me why does he want me in his life at all?

Safety net. We all want people in our lives we know care about us. Even if it hurts us, they care not most often.

why does he want to meet re disk?

He wants to see you wanting him.

If he misses talking to me why doesnt he want to give it another go?

Comfort.

why did my texts irritate him when he started it and why did he back down straight away when i pointed that out?

You were not tap dancing for him and hand checked him at the end.