"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth sufferi

Sorry, guys:

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for."

What does this mean to you?

Boundary Problem

I don't know about that.

My son doesn't hurt me (unless he is jumping on me).

He does cause me grief on a regular basis, but I can't say he's ever made me suffer.

Even at their worst my friends haven't hurt me that bad that I would characterize it as "suffering". They do make me roll my eyes on a regular basis - when they are at their worst. Well and some aggravation. But that is a far cry from suffering.

The trick is choosing well.

Every relationship has its share of sacrifices, pain, and joy. In the end, it is your choice to decide whether or not the pain is worth what little joy you get out of it.

In other words, no relationship is perfect.

• Author

I agree with you guys in a lot of aspects.

I am NC with my ex because he felt I should suffer until HE makes the choice to come back or not.

Love Bob Marley's music but I can't agree with that statement. If someone continuously hurts you, why do you not feel that YOU are worth it to walk away from that person?

Because you are in love? My ex did things that hurt me, but I always try to understand her actions and love her even for her flaws. My ex did the same until she didn't think I was worth it.

It's the value you place on the other person and the relationship that you two share. People are going to argue against this and say that your personal dignity and preservation is more important, and I agree to some extent. But come on, that sort of thinking will doom most relationships.

Sorry, guys:

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for."

As humans it is GUARANTEED that we will hurt, disappoint, upset each other, even when we're not trying to.

One thing people often forget in a break up is that often people bring their own issues and hurt to the table and act based on their personal turmoil that then hurts you and it is not that they sit down planning how to hurt you.

As dumpees people tend to usually put all blame and villainize the dumper when in reality we all can be dumpers and dumpees, depending on the day.

ALL relationships and friendships are going to involve heart ache, disappointment etc. For ex. if you are with someone for 20 years, chances are atleast once you will be hurt by them. That is why relationships are WORK. If the person is overall worth it and makes you more happy than they do sad, then you just have to decide to work with them and work on the relationship. I don't know about suffering...that is a bit much. But that is how I take it...that love often involves pain and work and sweat and you have to decide who is worth the effort.

• Author

Hey Beeotch...love your username and avatar..BTW! ;)

I realize that the reason that there are breakups is that people don't want to do the work. It's got to be 100% fun for them or forget about it. That is such an unrealistic way of looking at things but most of people do.

All the adrenalin, sexual intimacy and wonder of someone new changes a while after you get used to somebody. It is so sad that people feel a need to move away from someone they supposedly loves to try something new and start the process over and over again. I really honor couples who stay together through the thick and the thin.

For me, it means that I should live as a hermit up in the mountains by myself with no one but the squirrels...the mountain squirrels...because they'll never leave me...

OMG! I want to live up the mountains as well! I figure I could grab a pickaxe and hack away until I make myself a nice little cave to dwell in. I never considered the animals that may be around, but I don't know about squirrels--they like nuts. No one is to have my nuts ever again!

Sorry, guys:

Not bad. I think people spend way too much time either nursing old hurts or trying to avoid new ones. They miss out on some great people that way.

I would add the following: EVERY relationship you have is going to be terrible, until one finally isn't.

Boundary Problem

"everyone is going to hurt you?"...

The more I think about this the more I think it is wrong.

There are some wonderful people in my life that would never harm me.

Sometimes we all have bad days, but that is no excuse for walking around thinking the sky is going to fall.