Success stories about moving on ( post here if you have one)

My ex-gf and I have been separated for almost 3 months now. I think I'm making very good progress but I still feel very lonely and depressed at times. I was wondering if anyone would like to share their story about how they successfully got over their ex and found happiness w/i themselves. I really want to read that right now. Hopefully I will find inspiration in one of these stories and push on forward.:)

Well, I took the same advice I give out here with my ex; he started to do things to give false hope and send mixed signals (i.e posting my photos AFTER the split and captioning them with things like "the only woman I love" writing to tell me that he was so depressed when we split, and wasn't seeing any other women since." I told him to put up or shut up more or less; when he couldn't do that I shut him down, went NC -NOT to get him back but to move on. I realised that the man for me wouldn't make ME suffer like that just so he could get an ego stroke and some attention. I looked at his ACTIONS instead of his words. When they didn't line up? Hasta La Vista :cool:. I also, never dated anyone during the time I was still in love with him.

He wrote me once a few months after that, I ignored him. It didn't matter to me what he had to SAY, his actions weren't lining up so I wasn't about to beat a dead horse, he couldn't offer me what I really wanted in a relationship without loving me and having integrity, so I didn't settle for it just because that's what was familiar or I missed the good times. :)

A few months after I was over him, I met my current partner. He was so worth the wait. When he gives his word or tells me something, he backs it up with actions. He's beautiful and wonderful and he is the kind of man I want to have as a husband or a father to my children someday. He's GREAT. We love eachother very much and things just keep getting better. :)

I didn't settle for someone who's actions clearly showed he didn't love me or care about me and had nothing to offer me but words, I didn't go NC just to get him back; I did it to move on because no matter what I missed what I really needed from a partner he couldn't provide me anyway. So yeah, I'd say it's been successful :D.

currently lost my ex. 2 months ago. Well, i got a bit jealous knowing they were trying hard to move on. I gave him a bit of attention but regret it.

Now im moving on, and every day the world looks a bit more bright.

• Like 1