Revenge or Winning an ex back?

Just wanted to find out how people handle there break-ups? Has anyone done anything revengeful? ex. Dating a hotter partner, getting in good shape and rejecting your ex. once they notice how much better looking you got, etc, etc. How about winning an ex back? Who has won an ex back and how did you do it? Where you kind to your partner? Did you move and they realize they miss you? Or were you direct with you ex?(usually back fires) Just thought I would make this topic interesting..lol

:p

HokeyReligions

Depending on how deeply I cared for the guy I broke up with, I might cry a little, then move on.

In a committed relationship (such as engaged or married) I have talked with the guy and we made a decision to get counseling to help with the problems and at one point we decided to live apart while we sorted out our problems. In no way was that a break up though - we were still in a committed relationship and eventually moved on together.

1. "Just wanted to find out how people handle there break-ups?"

The best way is to be honest, sensitive, and forthright and no drag it out. If you're unhappy in a relationship and can't work it out, just have a talk and end it. But do it maturely and kindly.

2. " Has anyone done anything revengeful? ex. Dating a hotter partner, getting in good shape and rejecting your ex. once they notice how much better looking you got, etc, etc."

Seeking revenge for what??? For being the wrong person for you. That kind of behavior is extremely immature and clearly shows the other partner they are so much better off without you. People who are mature, adult and worthy of relationships don't do the revenge thing. That's for kids and trailer trash.

3. "How about winning an ex back?"

How about winning the lotter? An ex is an ex. When you break up, there's a good reason. If you didn't have a reason, one of the two of you is crazy or confused as hell. Breaking up is a sign that the relationship is wrong. If it was done by mistake, one or both of the people are extremely unstable and don't need to be in a relationship.

There are definitely times when people do discover how much they mean to each other. Giving the other person a call and checking on the possibilities of getting back together is a good idea if it was a nice breakup. But going out of your way to bust your butt to get somebody back is nuts.

4. "Who has won an ex back and how did you do it?"

I usually don't have to "win" them back. They just come back after they realize what they've lost. Love does its own thing independent of the people. If they are meant to be together, love will find a way. In matters of love, the less effort you put forth to get it the better off you'll be.

I think most people get back together because they made little effort to do so but realized how happy they really were together. On the other hand, you can drive a person away by being annoying in your efforts to "win" them back.

I guess the moral is...don't break up with somebody you don't want to break up with.

5. "Where you kind to your partner? Did you move and they realize they miss you? Or were you direct with you ex?("

It works all kinds of ways. But you always need to be direct, assuming you mean honest, with a partner. You should always be kind as well.

I don't know where you got the idea that breakups have to be World War III. Who have you been getting your information from???

• Author

Just wondering what people thought about break ups. I know some take it well and some don't. You are right about being mature and honest.