Relapsed after break up, I need a kick in the pants

Tryingsohard77

My child's father came back into town after being gone for almost 2 years. Things were going ok and then he started asking me for money and when I refused he made threats on my life. I made an incident report to the police. He's been in out of jail and I guess I wanted a "family". I went no contact for 2 days and today I contacted him (bad move). He didn't apologize, just acting like he didn't care. I can't believe I was strong for those 2 days and I relapsed. What is wrong with my self worth? I know I don't deserve this treatment. I heard a women in the background so I assume he's with someone else. He told me not to contact him not even about our child. I don't know what to do with myself. I can't delete him out of my phone until the 1st because he's on my five list with Tmobile. I went for a drive earlier and I just feel like I'm falling apart. I hope to someday look back on this and be glad he's out of my life. It's been such a distraction to my life, since he's been gone I've gotten a good job, new car, bought a nice condo, going to college etc. and now I feel lost. Any advice.

If someone made threats to me, I would never want to see them again. Kudos on calling the cops though. Remember...NC, NC, NC, NC!!!!!

sandy12345678993

This guy sounds exactly, EXACTLY like my son's father. In and out of jail/trouble with the law, can't keep a job, constantly needing money....... Mine has like 5 kids with 5 different women in 3 different states, and these are only the ones we know about. All in all, just not a good person.

Thankfully, I live 3 hours away from where he was living at. I don't know if he's still there, but it's the area he seems to always go back to. And I don't have a correct phone number for him. He was constantly changing it. He doesn't want to have anything to do with me or my son. I tried for a long time, but it's a lost cause. So NC isn't even an issue now. That was truly a blessing in disguise that I didn't have a way to get ahold of him. Otherwise, I would probably be just like you. Because I do remember the good times, but the bad definitely outweighs the good.

Stay positive and keep up the NC. I know that it's much easier to say that then actually do it. It's terribly hard, but you'll get through it and it does get better. Be strong.