i want my ex-boyfriend back, badly.

Alright, so yes, I'm young and mature, and I know what I want. I was with my ex-boyfriend for almost 2 years, until he left me on Sunday. He told me there was no "spark" anymore and that he just fell out of love. Then, he admitted to me last night that there may be another girl involved, but he didn't know if he wanted to start anything with her or not. He really wants to be best friends with me, and tell me everything and hang out and stuff, and I do too, but I really do want more. His mother loves me like a daughter, and was crying the other day because of this. She feels I'm really good for her son and told me she didn't want to lose me and that she'd pray for me (she's really religious and get mild premonitions).

Now, I admit.. I did get a little too comfortable in the relationship at times, and was really needy. I also had jealousy and trust issues because of some of the things he did, but was actually starting to get better towards the end. I had gotten a job and stuck with it finally, and actually felt more confident and happy with myself and our relationship. I am a big complainer at times, and perfectionist so I'm always wanting things done right. I know all these things drove him away, and I'm SINCERLY working on changing my ways this time for myself, no doubt, especially seeing how many people i have pushed away in the past two years.

My ex tells me he loves me all the time still, and even wants to start a business with me eventually. He told me how I could sleep over sometimes and hang out and stuff, and he's still a little affectionate and makes sure I'm alright, and calls me. I know that his mother can have a huge impact him, as well as outsiders and himself. HE'S ALWAYS CHANGING HIS MIND ABOUT EVERYTHING!

Anywho, long story short, please help me. Show me the ways to get him back before it's too late.

Well, the thing that comes to my mind immediately is this:

Make yourself a whole lot less available. He'll probably go out there and try dating new people, but I'll tell you right now, he's gonna either hook up with someone else right away, or more likely fall flat on his face. MEANWHILE, you are just a little too busy for him at the moment. You aren't his fallback when his being free and single starts to backfire and he starts to miss the comfort and familiarity of the relationship you had.

Oh but stay in touch with his mom. She sounds like a nice lady ;)

he said the spark is gone, never a great sign. Number 1 go cold NC right now, block him on all im's, remove him form facebook mysace, don't text him call him email, check on how is he doing.

Ah that typical, the spark is gone but let's still be best friends, ITS BULLSH8T pardon my language, he just wants to keep you around incase his new plans dont work out he can go back to good ol waiting by the seaside loving my breadcrumbs roxyness.

"My ex tells me he loves me all the time still, and even wants to start a business with me eventually. He told me how I could sleep over sometimes and hang out and stuff, and he's still a little affectionate and makes sure I'm alright, and calls me. I know that his mother can have a huge impact him, as well as outsiders and himself. HE'S ALWAYS CHANGING HIS MIND ABOUT EVERYTHING!"

Actions speak louder than words, if he loved you why didn he break up with you? why is there already another girl maybe involved just as he dumps you she pops up. Why would you sleep over at his place? your not his gf anymore you owe him nothing. Don't make the same mistakes i did, I did that friend's crap and I lost my dignity, how are you going to feel when he's with that new girl? exactly your not his best friend, best friend's dont dump you, break your heart. DO NC now before your more hurt.

Go NC on your ex and his mom too. Mom could probably be saying things you want to hear and not make her son look too bad.

Your ex will decide for himself not what Mom tells him. Don't let him make you his best friend. Best friends will not break up with you and make you cry.