WAITING, WAITING, and WAITING

Case of the ex....

So if you read my other post the bf and I broke up in June after he came back from deployment for two months. Been a rollercoaster ever since and I'm tired. The latest is that I sent him a text message when I learned the hotel he stayed while he was Pakistan for two months was bombed. I knew he left again for overseas in August, but I wasn't sure when he deployed this time and I didn't ask.

He finally responded to my text and said thank you for the concern, I am ok, I appreciate the message and that he can't check texts unless he has internet, which he doesn't get much use of where he is. A couple of his friends tried to get in touch with him as well and he only replied to me. I was so relieved to hear from him!

The issue is that he still has my belongings and I guess he will get my things together when he gets back (I originally tried to get them back in June, even told him I would give him a fed-ex number and all he had to do was box it and sit outside....he didn't respond until six weeks after the email and advised he just left again and he wasn't ready to communicate yet, even tho he was the one that broke it off.) I told him I'd like to be able to see him when he gets back and if that's not possible and he would like me to get my things while he was gone, that would be fine too. Well, he never answered my questions. And when he responded to my text message he replied with the email saying I want to see him when he wants to get back.

Guess what I'm getting at is, I'm so very nervous about what to think, is he stringing me along, am I holding on to false hope that maybe he does really want to see me???

All your fellow LS's replies are greatly appreciated as always!!!

I know it's difficult with the communications problems he's experiencing, so things are a bit hit and miss I guess....

It's a weird thing with a lot of people here who initiate the break-up and say they're going to go NC - but then come back in and say they've broken their own rules.....!

I don't think in this case he's intentionally stringing you along per se... but I think he's finding it difficult for himself, to break all ties....

Instead of asking him, tell him.

I WILL be picking up my stuff when you get back. Let me know when that will be....I'll contact you shortly after your return to fix a definite date.....

Then at least you can say that ONE of you's being decisive - !

Case of the ex....

So if you read my other post the bf and I broke up in June after he came back from deployment for two months. Been a rollercoaster ever since and I'm tired. The latest is that I sent him a text message when I learned the hotel he stayed while he was Pakistan for two months was bombed. I knew he left again for overseas in August, but I wasn't sure when he deployed this time and I didn't ask.

He finally responded to my text and said thank you for the concern, I am ok, I appreciate the message and that he can't check texts unless he has internet, which he doesn't get much use of where he is. A couple of his friends tried to get in touch with him as well and he only replied to me. I was so relieved to hear from him!

The issue is that he still has my belongings and I guess he will get my things together when he gets back (I originally tried to get them back in June, even told him I would give him a fed-ex number and all he had to do was box it and sit outside....he didn't respond until six weeks after the email and advised he just left again and he wasn't ready to communicate yet, even tho he was the one that broke it off.) I told him I'd like to be able to see him when he gets back and if that's not possible and he would like me to get my things while he was gone, that would be fine too. Well, he never answered my questions. And when he responded to my text message he replied with the email saying I want to see him when he wants to get back.

Guess what I'm getting at is, I'm so very nervous about what to think, is he stringing me along, am I holding on to false hope that maybe he does really want to see me???

All your fellow LS's replies are greatly appreciated as always!!!

It's hard to tell what his intentions are from his messages. Since he's overseas and dealing with all the things going on over there, he may just be in a totally different mindframe. I'm not saying he's put you on the backburner, but it appears he is putting distance between the two of you.

I know it's hard to sit and wait for contact, but as much as possible you need to carry on with your life. If he wants to see you when he gets back (when is this?), he will let you know. As hard as it is, for now, just let things go