Should I just admit defeat

bigheartkindsoul

bigheartkindsoul

Should I just admit defeat to myself and go bad onto anti depressents?

I cannot go on with this flip flopping, its not as bad as used to be by that I mean not as dark and so terrible.

But I feel so down and glum about me, my weight, about life, about impending anniversary on 22nd Dec of me & ex getting together, about xmas coming up (there is alot more too it but I am not gonna go into it in depth). I keep perking myself up but then the brain matter kicks in and I go downhill a bit. I just wanna cry sometimes but am trying to stop myself.

I truly am a bit confused as to what to do for the best, althought the meds do help with the depression, they hinder my work concentration and turn me into a zombie who just wants to sleep.

I CANNOT take time off work, I have to support myself - no choice. I donno what to do?

Go back onto St Johns Wort instead of actual medication?

I need to get this licked sooner rather than later.

I really think this is a question for your doctor, depression is a genuine medical condition and they will be able to help you decide. Do you get on with your GP?

Definitely talk to your doctor, but for me personally antidepressants have helped. I'm on Cymbalta and it doesn't make me sleepy.

• Author
bigheartkindsoul

Ok does it make your head all cotton wooley? I mean the two I was tried on both made concentration difficult, having any kind of decent intelligence very hard and always felt half asleep.

This downess is so flip floppy cause now I feel great again, after being out and mixing with people in my new fencing class.

It doesn't make sense.

And I cannot always be out, gees I will ware myself out if I go out everynight.

Iv been told many times that being around people helps a lot? It does wonders for me, but like you said its tiring going out all the time. Plus everyone is busy with stuff to do. I don't know much about anit-depressants, but i know that there do help sometimes. People who go through marraige breakups usually have the support of a counsellor or therpist and anti-depressants with family and the right support system e.g loveshack. There was a time i felt i really needed them but i pulled through somehow.

I would recommend like everyone has said that you see your doctor or someone soon. Do what you must do to revive yourself. Life must go on for us inspite of our broken hearts sometimes i wish i could lie in bed all day and not have to go out. Lol. Maybe he can recommend something that will suit your system?

Hope you feel better soon. xxx

I've been on Fluoxetene for over a year now which has really helped as I was in the depths of despair during 2006 after a really bad break-up. I still have my issues but the medication helps me deal with things more rationally. I was always totally against taking anti-depressants despite my doctor recommending I take them. In the end I was so desperate to feel 'normal' that I would've tried anything. The way I look at it, depression is an illness, people takes drugs every day for specific physical illnesses so what's the difference? Now I'd be happy to continue taking them so long as thay make me feel better.

BHKS, get yourself down to the doctors and ask if there is a different type of anti-d you can take. Not all drugs agree with everyone. Just like the contraceptive pill you have to find one that suits you.