he says he stopped loving me

Me and my boyfriend have been arguing for a while now, over the summer we had an amazing time, yet since we got back to university everything seems different, we argue, he doesnt seem to want to see me, he says he cant make me happy and yesterday he told me that he no longer loves me and doesn't think we should be together. He says it's because i moan at him too much and control him. but i would never stop him from doing anything. it just upsets me that he never wants 2 see me, i try 2 hide how i feel about this most of the time...how do u just stop loving sum1? what am i meant to do now. he says he'll try until friday, but i'm only going to see him once in that time? whats going to change? can you fall back in love with someone? i love him so much, i want 2 be with him 4eva we can make each other so happy. we had a brilliant couple of days, laughing messing around generally being happy with each other why this? why now?

Dont see him at all!

Dont put yourself in the position of having to wait for him to decide if he still loves you. Perhaps now is the time to stop being a moaner, and start using the power of silence to do your talking for you.

He said he doesnt love you, say, "thats it then. bye"

• Author

Thanku v much 4 ur reply, god i wish i was strong enough to do as you say. i really want him back, do you think that would help? i don't want anyone else, ino this sounds pathetic and i'm not scared of being alone, i just don't wanna give up on sumthing so gr8...he ignored me all day then surprised me by coming round, we discussed and he agreed to try saying he thinks he may still love me just not in the same way...then i bumped in2 him in a bar later on the same night and he said he doesn't want this anymore, he had been crying b4 i came in ... why can't i just be strong and let go...thanku

I just posted the same advice on another thread, but, I will repeat it here.

No contact, is the best thing to do. The reasons are, either you will be forced into that situation anyway, in which case you will at least be more prepared for it, or, he will decide he cannot live without you. He cannot decide that he cannot live without you, without first experiencing living without you. If you hang around then his experience of BEING with you, will be unpleasant (because you will be understandably insecure and unhappy) and will only confirm for him, that he most certainly CAN live without you.

So no contact is the only good option for you at the moment.

to be honest my boyfriend said th exact same thing to me, we were together fours yrs, we were engaged&we had talkedabout kids etc, i didnt want to be with anyone else, but in the last two days i have found out that he has cheated on me with the town s***, i seen him on an internet dating site, he slagged me off to my sisters b/friend, and my doctor thinks i have an std even though he's the only guy i've ever slept with. he tries to make me feel like im in the wrong, sometimes i feel like my life is over but that's expected. i will never trst a man again&i also know that i can do better than him,because he just tries to utrn things, so kep your head high&stand your ground,its hard but you'll look back&you wont regret it,i know i def wont xx

• Author

Hey thanks guys, i'v taken ur advice, i guess im not xactly getting far by forcing him to try again, so i have given my phone to my house mate and asked her 2 hide it for me until thursday, ino i will go thru hell until then, but i guess if he wants 2 talk 2 me then he'll have to make the effort to come see me if its that important....i'm sorry to hear about ur boyfriend, but u sound a v strong person and i'm sure u'll come out well the other side of all this mess. as for never trusting men again, never say never, but don't trust easily, now you will always be more wary and thats a good thing however ensure you dont block out people because of what this guy has done to you, have faith, not all guys are liars, just be careful u learn how 2 pick them out... as for nick (my bf) he's not hurt me recently, (other than the obvious) he's not a bad guy and there is nothing i can hate about him. But because of this it makes him so much harder to hate him! thanx agen guys, i'm sure i'll be bak on here pretty damn soon, stressing about not having my fone (btw lil insight to me, my phone is actually physically attached 2 me, i have a busy social life and live thru my phone, not just wiv nick but evry1, gona b a hard couple of days, hope i do it, and hope my m8 hides it well)

• Author

Ok so that kinda failed, he facebooked me and i rang him, we met up and have (well i kinda convinced him) to tone things down alot yet still stay 2gefa, speak 2wice a day on the fone (We normally speak much more) and arrange 2 c each other every so often, and to try doing this until wednesday the 7th. i dont no if this is a good ideA? am i just holding on to nothing? god i hope this works, i'm feeling even worse now i dont no whether to put everything into this or to see it as m8s talking...y can i accept its over? he doesnt love me and hes not gonu is he? or cud he again? arrrrgh!