Conquered urge to contact...

I got a new cell phone with some fun features, especially the jukebox feature, I can't put the phone down cuz I can't stop playing with it!

I had a sudden urge to call Marty and tell him about my exciting new toy, as I know he'd love to hear about it, as it is to me what his satellite radio is to him...

Talked myself out of it though...it can wait until I talk to him again right? Not necessary to call him about something so silly...it was kinda sad for me...I felt like he was my new best friend aside from boyfriend; so it sucks if you can't call your best friend to tell them something exciting...I'm also starting to feel LSE kick in....(less sex effects)....I got plenty to keep me busy so I'm doing fine...but can't help but wonder if he's thinking about me at all...

Anyway I overcame and conquered my urge to call and I'm proud of myself!

I'm in the same boat. I got a new phone, too! You replied to my post yesterday, so you know my story. It's been since Sunday. Monday morning I boarded a plane to San Francisco for a business trip, and I haven't been able to talk to him. It sucks! I want to share everything I see with him and send him photos on my phone! Last night I went to see the sea lions at Pier 39 in SF and they were making these crazy noises. I wanted to call him and let him hear them because they were so funny! But, I've been taking everyone's advice to stick to what we agreed to - keep the phone calls and texts and talking to a minimum until the end of the month. That was the deal and I helped come up with it, so I guess I have to.

I've got a birthday coming up at the end of the month and am waiting to see if she texts me or anything. I'm trying not to depend on it, because I think I'm in for a daisappointment. She was my best friend too, I trusted her 100% and she let me down big. As a result, I doubt whether I'll get that trust back to give to anyone else, there'll always be that mistrusting shadow in the background thanks to her deceit.

• Author

Sans...sorry to hear that...if it means anything to ya...happy birthday! (early)

Ashleigh...if you can do it, I can too...and vice versa! I LOVED those sea lions at Pier 39!! I'm so jealous! I highly recommend Napa Valley if you haven't been there, well if your into wine tasting anyway....ah sigh me and Marty talked about taking a trip there...maybe someday...hang in there and stay in touch!

YAY for you!! I'm proud of you! :)

I've been really wanting to contact my ex lately and it's really hard not to. Thank you for reminding me how nice it is when you're able to be proud of yourself and know you did the right thing. ;)

Go Lovelace! I'm very proud of you! I've always had such a hard time with NC. I convinve myself that there is no harm in calling 'the ex' for trivial fun reasons.

Then after I do cave in, I always regret it because it sends me right into overanalyzing mode. And those conversations, when you're not over the person, always feel really strained and really odd.

Stay NC.

Hey,

I felt like he was my new best friend aside from boyfriend; so it sucks if you can't call your best friend to tell them something exciting...

Yeah, that totally sucks as.

I used to tell everything to Denver guy and now I can win the Lotto for all that matters and who gives a fk.

(not in a good mood today)

In that sense I like the FWBs better, they are always there to talk even if you are not seeing them anymore.

(Well, I call them FWBs because all my previous relationships I was never "in love" because I suck for guys, so I end up dating nice guys that are o k )

It'd be nice if you can still be friends with him LL, at least that, once you overcome the weirdness.

To tell you the truth, I don't think you "loved" him or any of that, but you were swayed by the excitement of the new romance and the thrill of finding "the one" that was not, but that kind of stuff. It was an illusion.

But if he's a nice guy you can still be friends until you find some older guy or a doctor or someone smart that knows how to deal with you.

Ariadne

• Author

;)But amazingly I've been sleeping really well since this whole "break" started...no late night conversations, etc...I"m enjoying the time to myself just as much as I miss him...

I would actually like it if we can come back from the "break" and start over in a sense...as friends...and just let nature take over to see if it builds back up from there...since we jumped in head first in the beginning, and talked so much about the future...it probably clouded our ability to build on what was already there.

I've been there too Kamille, with guys from my past, and justified making calls because it was about this or about that, not even about us at all...and then afterward I went "Ugh! I shouldn't have done that!"....but that's exactly what kept me from calling Marty...least I can say that I've learned from some mistakes and know better than to do it again...

I don't how calling him in a couple weeks could hurt though...just sayin' hi, what's going on, what's new, and keep it very casual without mentioning the relationship or seeing him...I can leave all that up to him. Then maybe we can at least start up a sporadic phone-calling thing and be starting out the way most people do when they like each other....slowly and without any promises for the future. We'd finally really get to "go with the flow"....course this is all assuming I don't meet a new cool dude by then...I'm going out this weekend, watch out I could posting about a whole other guy by Monday!! ;)

Newtotheblogthing

I wish I had the same strength today. I sent a couple text messages and called after I didn't get any replies. I had gone 6 days. Now of course, the inevitable let down, sadness and irritation. I am trying to learn from my mistakes... I wish I could have taken everyone's advice and applied it to my own situation. pathetic.

• Author
I wish I had the same strength today. I sent a couple text messages and called after I didn't get any replies. I had gone 6 days. Now of course, the inevitable let down, sadness and irritation. I am trying to learn from my mistakes... I wish I could have taken everyone's advice and applied it to my own situation. pathetic.

Dont' be so hard on yourself! You went 6 days before and you can do it again plus some. I"m learning some days are harder than others. If only I could use this attitude to quit smoking :o Anyhow its never too late to let it go!

I"m looking forward to a girls night out I have planned for tomorrow night...but I can already foresee myself drunk, at the end of the night, wishing like hell I can call him, and missing him more than I have so far. But at least I already know myself well enough to be prepared for this...it'll be the real test though...I've got a bad history of DWI's...dialing while intoxicated! :cool:

Newtotheblogthing

It's so funny you mention that. I was thinking today that if I drank it would be even worse. I know the drunk dialing situation and luckily, I don't drink anymore. Well, sadly..

He actually texted me back in "friend" speak. I guess I can start again today. It's just so painful this letting go thing.. It feels like losing half of my body and mind. I hear you about the quit smoking as well! In due time..

Dont' be so hard on yourself! You went 6 days before and you can do it again plus some. I"m learning some days are harder than others. If only I could use this attitude to quit smoking :o Anyhow its never too late to let it go!

I"m looking forward to a girls night out I have planned for tomorrow night...but I can already foresee myself drunk, at the end of the night, wishing like hell I can call him, and missing him more than I have so far. But at least I already know myself well enough to be prepared for this...it'll be the real test though...I've got a bad history of DWI's...dialing while intoxicated! :cool:

Good tip to prevent DWI- give your phone to a friend, so that you have to ask her for it if you need to use it. (tell her not to give it to you if you ask for it to call Marty)

She should then ask you who you are going to call, which will give you enough time to process what you are doing, and think about whether calling M is a good idea or not...

Its worked for me in the past.....

She put a block on my number on her phone, just had the last text I sent sent back undelivered. ****ing cheek. She does the dirty then I get the body swerve, must be an all-time classic in taking the piss?! I never thought I'd hate her, but I'm there now.

• Author
Good tip to prevent DWI- give your phone to a friend, so that you have to ask her for it if you need to use it. (tell her not to give it to you if you ask for it to call Marty)

She should then ask you who you are going to call, which will give you enough time to process what you are doing, and think about whether calling M is a good idea or not...

Its worked for me in the past.....

Would probably work, until the end of the night when I'm alone anyway!

What a roller coaster ride it is. I'm excited to have a weekend off and able to do whatever the hell I want...sleep as much as I want...I snapped at Marty a couple times there at the end, I think because between him, work, and school, I wasn't getting enough sleep. I think I allowed my b*tchness to show a little too much. oh well. There's literally a song on the radio right now that makes me think of him...it's one of his favorite songs...:mad:

A GF of mine asked me today "so have you talked to him?"....I was like, um no, we're on a break remember? She seemed surprised that it meant no phone calls either...DUH! How would we feel like we were getting space if we still talked on the phone? I've had 2 people ask me "have you talked to him?"...Why are these people thinking I've talked to him since we decided to take a break! Am I letting go better than my friends are?

But it feels pretty much the same as breaking up...NC, you'll either get back together or you won't. When he said "Lets take a break for now"...I realize it meant "Let's break up" for now...? But I gave him the option to break up which everyone knows means "this is for good"...he isn't the type to expect me to wait around though....so I guess the better interpretation would be "we'll either come back together, or we won't"....

Deep down I'm hoping to meet a new guy before this gets too agonizing...cuz it'll get harder as time goes on...

She put a block on my number on her phone, just had the last text I sent sent back undelivered. ****ing cheek. She does the dirty then I get the body swerve, must be an all-time classic in taking the piss?! I never thought I'd hate her, but I'm there now.

dude, there's enough hate and it's a waste of energy anyways.

look at it this way, she is who she is and you can't do anything about it. by the sounds of it you're better off anyhow.

learn to like yourself and everything will fall into place. we all deserve to be happy but we're also all responsible for our own happiness. :D

it gets better

• Author

Question....so I'm going out tonight...say I meet some really cool new guy and he asks me out on a date...of course I'd say yes...but what about when he asks if I have a boyfriend?...

Do I tell him the truth, and give him the whole spiel that I was just dating a guy and now we're "on a break" supposedly? Do I just treat it as though I just broke up with someone? Or do I just say "no, don't have a boyfriend" and leave it at that? Or do I say "well,...sord of..maybe, I don't know!"...:laugh: I'm just wondering what sounds best and without lying...

Could I just say that i was seeing someone recently but he wanted "time off" and I'm just not one to wait around? Or does that sound too b*tchy?

say you are single- life is too short to waste time on complicated excuses for martys poor behaviour.

He snoozed- he lost. You are back on the market.

Go get em.