He made contact after 1 month +

natalieismyname

natalieismyname

I dated a guy for awhile and when he found out he was moving, the week before he left he totally shut me out. A couple of days after he moved I come to find that he's slept with two girls already. Needless to say I was really hurt because I fell hard on my face for this guy and I honestly felt that he cared for me as well.

There I am, a month no contact, with the exception of a few attempts on his part to be all funny with me on myspace. I'm hanging out with his friend one night and I'm drunk. I tell his friend, in my drunken state, "I fell in love with @#&!*" and his friend starts talking about the new girl my ex is with and how she's some skanky chick who isn't that great, blah blah blah. I finally decide to just come out with and I text my ex saying "you're a jerk and you know it. I fell in love with you. for YOU, not based on any other reasons. Have a swell life."

I felt good about it, like I had been lifted of some heavy weight. The following evening I find out surprise! he's back in town. I figure he won't have the guts to call and judging by the fact that he hadn't responded to my text that he's probably going to avoid me. Well, he calls, two hours into being in town. We meet up and I plan on acting mature but the weight of the situation and the fact that I hadn't heard from him in over a month hits me and so I treat him pretty cold, occasionally warming to him and then shutting down again. He tries to play it off, act funny, make me laugh, stares at me the entire time. Even when he was talking to my friend he was staring at me. I just couldn't handle it but for some reason I couldn't pull myself away from the situation so I go over to his house. He apologizes to me, tells me he realized how badly he had treated me and couldn't bring himself to call as he knew it would just feel sh*tty, he tells me he wants us to be "friendly" with one another. All the time I'm at his house he's making comments like "I never thought I'd be in the same room as Natalie" shows me he's wearing the socks I gave him, puts on the shirt I gave him, tells me he knows of the conversation I had with his friend but doesn't bring up any particulars, etc etc. The night ends badly and I leave crying.

We talk on the phone the next day and he says he just doesn't want me to hate him, I tell him that's not the case. Obviously not the case. I guess after that conversation he calls my friend and asks her to please tell me how sorry he is, how badly he feels for having hurt me and repeats to her that he thinks I hate him.

What I don't get is - What does he want from me? Me telling him I don't hate him doesn't seem to sink through.

The way I acted that night doesn't sit well with him as I guess he expected me to act a different way after not having heard from him in over a month, him being the cause of my broken heart..... uh, yeah.

What does he want from me? Friendship? It seems so soon.

Wouldn't most people realize that the way I acted isn't a result of hate so much as a result of the complete opposite. I mean he just found out that I fell in love with him, why assume that I hate him right off the bat?