22 and competely new to the heartbreak concept

Hey there everybody. I really have no clue how heartbreak, or this website, are really supposed to work. I'm starting to cry just typing this because it's so new. I'm 22 and I was engaged to my first girlfriend and love until she cut it off just a couple of days ago. The pain is unbelievable for me and it seems hard to believe that anyone else has felt this bad before. I need input on how to deal with the grieving process. If anyone can tell me what to do or just give me a friendly word it would mean a lot to me. Thank you all. -Bryce

Hey Buddy, I am sorry to hear about your situation. First of all if you feel like crying, go ahead and cry. Maybe your fiance got cold feet and she needs some time to think. Give her space some space and she will come back.

mending_heart

Hey Bryce,

I also experienced my first heartbreak at 22 (although, I never got to the point of being engaged). I dont really know too much about your situation other than your fiance left you. All I can say is take the time to feel bad for yourself, but only allow it to occur for a while. You must then begin to pick up your life again by keeping busy and being out with friends and family.

The key is to TRY and take your mind off her. Although its nearly impossible to screen out your thoughts of her, you'll be amazed how keeping busy helps. And in time you will feel less heartbroken. As to how long it takes before we feel better? Thats dependent on the individual. Time always heals.

So hang in there Bryce, its going to be a rocky road but you will get there! I wish you well :)