LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Transitioning > Getting Married

In a LDR, anxious to get married

Getting Married Cold feet to pre-marital stressors--the place to discuss all the issues that come with saying "I do."

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th July 2017, 12:01 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elswyth View Post
But...but... WHY??? What is the reason for him not being able to see you at all between 2012 and 2016?!?!

The reasons were work and in a way, their family was focused last 3 years in petitioning their 2 younger brothers. There was a lot of money involved in processing them. I was also studying that time while working, did not realize 3 years quickly passed by until finally he got.a chance in 2016.

I am not against LDRs. I have been in a LDR. I understand LDRs. I cannot understand a LDR where the supposed partners only see each other twice in 7 years. Unless you two are from North Korea and South Korea respectively or some extenuating circumstance of the same vein, there is just no reason for this. I mean, you've met his mother more than you have him!

Of course, I understand your sense of sympathy. I am not really offended, after all I am here for sympathy. If only US & Ph is real real close and is a cheap vacation away? why not? if only my salary would suffice going to US to visit him, I would have done it but all I had was contentment in our daily chat conversation. You are right to say that I mire time with his mom/ dad/ sisters than him. haha

Are you sure you want to leave your friends, family and job to move to a new country to be with a man whom you have only met twice?
I am. My parents talk to mu fiance aleady. I am in the stage where I really want to be married and become a mother. I have given a lot of time with him. We may only met twice but we are together every day for the last years (minus physicallity) on video chat and messenger.
Old 27th July 2017, 2:00 AM   #17
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novz View Post
I am. My parents talk to mu fiance aleady. I am in the stage where I really want to be married and become a mother. I have given a lot of time with him. We may only met twice but we are together every day for the last years (minus physicallity) on video chat and messenger.
What was his reason for only coming to see you once every 4 years?
Novz likes this.
Old 27th July 2017, 4:50 AM   #18

The reasons were work and in a way, their family was focused last 3 years in petitioning their 2 younger brothers. There was a lot of money involved in processing them. I was also studying that time while working, did not realize 3 years quickly passed by until finally he got.a chance in 2016.
Novz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2017, 8:29 AM   #19
Established Member

Quote:
Getting this far I was expecting the petitioning of the older adult brothers as that would have fit the scenario that I was building. How old are you two anyway?
Novz likes this.
taiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2017, 8:35 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by taiko View Post
Getting this far I was expecting the petitioning of the older adult brothers as that would have fit the scenario that I was building. How old are you two anyway?

Hi, Taiko! I am turning 27 this year, while he is turning 29.
Novz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2017, 12:35 PM   #21
Established Member

Okay if I am following this right mom probably married an American and brought your fiance with him before he aged out while his younger brothers stayed in school or had their father refuse to let them go. When they became old enough they were too old and went on a waiting list.
Old 11th August 2017, 2:53 PM   #22
Established Member

OP,

You are living in Dreamland. You do not have any relationship other than a fantasy one.

To claim otherwise flies in the face of common sense. No one and I mean NO ONE 13 time zones apart is worth wasting that much time on

Go find someone local to date. If you have been strung along for Seven years, you'll be strung along for Seven more.

Please stop being so naive. You think he hasn't screwed women here in the States?
Old 13th August 2017, 9:16 AM   #23
Established Member

Quote:
Hi, Taiko! I am turning 27 this year, while he is turning 29.
So he should be at the point no matter what his familial responsibilities to at least be able to pull together the $2000 to start the petition process. While the Philippines may not be as bad as China in this situation you are rapidly reaching the local "marry by" age and your options with Filipino men are about to get more limited.

Just saying a spousal visa is a much easier process than getting on the waiting list and doing what is needed for bringing adult children using family reunification standards

Last edited by taiko; 13th August 2017 at 9:18 AM..