Wedding blues

NYGiantsgal

I am getting married march 8th, and very excited. But I am so sad about so much that I dont know if I am worth it. He has lost a ton of friends since we have been together. When we first met and was dating, he and his best friends friend sent naked photos. When I found out, after we got committed, I told her husband and I really let him have it as well. I forgave him as we weren't official. But then the strain comes with his best friend because he doesn't want to go to functions shes at, and his best friend always has parties... for his kids, and whatnot, so my fiance misses out.

Then comes his ex best friend. I thought she and I could hit it off. I really liked her. She betrayed him by posting the engagement ring photo on my FB post before I even knew. He had my best friend sign into my fb and delete it.. I didnt see it. She then unloaded on him and he told her to go to hell.

Next comes his other best friend. I met her in December when I went down for a week. We went to eat. She was terrible. she pretended to forget my name, she insinuated he was gay, she walked away from the table to watch a sporting event at the bar, she told me my home state was smelly and nasty. It was my last night there, I waa sick and I sucked it up and went to meet her, afterward, I went in the bathroom and cried. I told him I hated her. He dstanced himself. She then went to his house a week later, banging on his door, screaming horrible things about me and he called the cops to have her removed.

I dont know what it is about me! He loves me, absolutely adores me..and I feel the same way. We make eachother happy, we fit so well together, but his ex friends hated me and now I feel guilty. He says I am his best friend and he would give them up a million times again, but gosh- it feels terrible. How can I get over this before our wedding?

I am getting married march 8th, and very excited. But I am so sad about so much that I dont know if I am worth it. He has lost a ton of friends since we have been together. When we first met and was dating, he and his best friends friend sent naked photos. When I found out, after we got committed, I told her husband and I really let him have it as well. I forgave him as we weren't official. But then the strain comes with his best friend because he doesn't want to go to functions shes at, and his best friend always has parties... for his kids, and whatnot, so my fiance misses out.

Then comes his ex best friend. I thought she and I could hit it off. I really liked her. She betrayed him by posting the engagement ring photo on my FB post before I even knew. He had my best friend sign into my fb and delete it.. I didnt see it. She then unloaded on him and he told her to go to hell.

Lots of missing details. Are all his "best friends" female? Does he have kids from a prior relationship? Is their Mom in the picture?

Mr. Lucky

Sounds like all his "best friends" are jealous haters - I'd imagine after seeing their true colors he is happy to have you rather than them. What does he say about the loss of these "friends"? Is it he upset about it? You guys should focus on making some couple friends!

• Like 2

You are looking for reasons to sabotage your own happiness. Your FI picked you. He is committed. You are his best friend. You seem more upset about the disappearance of his friends then he is. They were his relationships, not yours. If he decided to end them, you accept his decision & go off to celebrate your marriage.

I know it's hard. My DH didn't have many friends, maybe 3. None of them came to our wedding & we haven't seen them since except at 2 funerals. At 1st I was really sad for him because my friends are incredibly important to me. But after a while I realized I was more upset then he was so I was able to let it go.

Do that. Now go do your last minute wedding things.

Can I ask why you are getting married on a Tuesday? That seems odd to me? Is it a special date?

• Like 1

How old are all you in this Drama?

'Cuz it sounds like you are all fresh out of High School and not ready for an adult, committed relationship.

I don't mean this to sound mean, I am genuinely curious... Banging on doors, game-playing, crying in bathrooms.... All that sounds incredibly juvenile.

• Like 2
  • Author
Lots of missing details. Are all his "best friends" female? Does he have kids from a prior relationship? Is their Mom in the picture?

Mr. Lucky

No prior children, his current best friends are male, he ditched all the females he even associated with.

• Author

Hes not upset about them, was shocked, now just doesnt care.

Sounds like all his "best friends" are jealous haters - I'd imagine after seeing their true colors he is happy to have you rather than them. What does he say about the loss of these "friends"? Is it he upset about it? You guys should focus on making some couple friends!

Can I ask why you are getting married on a Tuesday? That seems odd to me? Is it a special date?

Courthouse? Mine only does weddings on Wednesdays.

No prior children, his current best friends are male, he ditched all the females he even associated with.

Hes not upset about them, was shocked, now just doesnt care.

He grew up & got rid of all the catty women in his life. He picked you on multiple levels. On the verge of your wedding why on earth are you upset about this? You should be jumping for joy.

When I started to read this I was going to side by you because all these 'friends' just seem like drama and I wondered about your guy's abilities to pick his friends.

But it sounds like you FI did everything to put you as his priority and make things right to you. If you guys love each other and are compatible then I don't understand the issue. From what you posted it sounds like he's doing everything right.

I was in a similar situation as you with my college BF. A few of female friends were horrible to me and were disrespectful. He sided with his friends over me until one of them punched me in the face. Then he dumped them. I'm glad your FI can see what is going on before it got to those levels.