Wedding Dress/Weight Worries

My wedding is in 3 months and ever since I purchased the dress a few months ago, I've been obsessing about losing weight! Is it normal to be worried and uptight about dress fittings?

I've always been slim...I'm usually a size 0-2 but had to order my dress in a 4...they explained that wedding dress sizes usually run a little small. Because I bought a very tight fitting mermaid style dress, I'm paranoid I will gain weight and look fat....anyone else experience similiar anxiety about fitting into their dresses? How did you deal with it?

The wedding industry sucks & their sizing makes you nuts.

I was very paranoid about weight gain & I'm bigger than you.

As long as you are doing what you have always done re: eating & exercising, you will be fine. Plus wedding gown seamstresses are miracle workers.

Try not to worry so much.

• Like 2
mercuryshadow

Just keep making sensible choices in regards to what you consume and when. This is all I've done, in addition to getting a healthy amount of exercise, and I've trimmed down even since I bought my dress. My wedding is in less than two months.

I don't deprive myself of things I enjoy, and I substitute healthier options where I can. :) I find, though, that sometimes it's better to enjoy a smaller portion of a treat, than to get something with lower fat, like ice cream. I rarely crave stuff like this, but when I do, I REALLY, REALLY want it (i.e. PMS, lol). I tried getting the 1/3 fat kind last time and it just wasn't worth it... yuck.

In a nutshell, don't make yourself crazy. There is a enough stress to be had with an upcoming wedding, in the first place! :)

• Like 1
  • Author

Thanks everyone!!! I think this wedding has brought out past issues I've had with my body image. I shouldn't even use the word "issues" because it's never been a serious problem...just the usual "I feel fat" moments I get here and there. I've always been small (I'm 5'4 and ~105lbs) but have always felt chunky. Now this wedding is making me more self conscious than ever! Uggg the anxiety!

Thanks everyone!!! I think this wedding has brought out past issues I've had with my body image. I shouldn't even use the word "issues" because it's never been a serious problem...just the usual "I feel fat" moments I get here and there. I've always been small (I'm 5'4 and ~105lbs) but have always felt chunky. Now this wedding is making me more self conscious than ever! Uggg the anxiety!

I had real body image issues & was anorexic when I was younger so when they told me my wedding dow size I flipped.

You will be fine.