no bridesmades

countryrider13

countryrider13

So when my fiance and I get married (no date set yet) I only have one possible bridesmade. After high school I've pretty much lost contact with all my friends for one reason or another and have been busy being a mother and full time job that I really don't hang out with anyone. The only person that would be my bridesmade is a lady I work with.

Are any of you getting married with only one bridesmade or none at all?

Philosoraptor

My fiancee started with four, two dropped out. She had an old friend come back into her life so now she has three.

All that matters is the bride and groom in my opinion. Less effort if we only have to worry about managing ourselves and not a big wedding party as well.

Before my fiance dumped me and I was planning a wedding :p.....I wasn't having any bridesmaids at all.....just me in a RED dress.

The only reason I had two was because my cousin who is like my sister was my MOH but I wanted to involve DH's sister in the ceremony. It was important to me that she be in his wedding party.

After your 20s. . . multiple bridesmaids just looks like overkill. Remember, being a BM is a p.i.t.a. & huge financial expense. If you genuinely like your friends, let them skip this.

Your wedding should be totally up to you and your taste and your unique life.

I wouldn't force myself to have bridesmaids if it didn't come naturally.

I have a sister I'm very close to and several very close girlfriends so for me it would probably be more of a case of limiting the number without making anyone feel bad. But if it was becoming a hassle, I have an idea I saw at another wedding, where you had people who represent different virtues/qualities in your life and who helped you as a couple along the journey and you pick a color for them and all the people in that group wear that color, so for example: perseverance would be violet and you put a certain number of people in it and they would wear that color on that day. To me that was a very beautiful and cute idea that also helped to make a lot more people feel included and it wasn't like you had to buy their clothes or it cost you any money.

Point is: it's your day, you do what makes sense to you.

• Like 2

My niece is getting married, which led my daughter and I to have a convo about wedding parties the other day. My daughter and her BF of 3 years have a common best friend (the three of them have been virtually inseparable since their early teens). Apparently they've already tossed for him and my daughter won the right for him to be her 'mate of honour' as opposed to his best man if they ever get married. I think this is great! Anything goes I say. As long as it works for you :-)

• Like 1