Type to marry.

The Introvert

The Introvert

Hie, I a going straight to my point...strictly no rambling..lol.

I have found out that most people are interested in marrying people they knew when they were young usually in their ho town....smilin...can anyone explain this?

I can't explain it since Travel and an entire world has people who married that are from different countries even! Love basically knows no boundaries :)

Reckon if a person wants to maintain "roots" in their community then they are more likely to date from the Little Pond there.

• Like 3

I don't really find this to be true among the people I know.

It depends on who you are around. If you live in a metropolitan area, went to college, grad school, travel etc. it is less likely that you will marry someone from your same town whom you knew as a child. Whereas if you have lived in the same town all your life, it is more likely.

I know a lot more people who've married people from different countries and cultures entirely than I do people who are married to someone from their same town whom they grew up with.

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
HighheelsAries

I don't think its true. I got married at 26 to someone I knew one year and he was from a different country. So its not always true.(Ok we ended up devorced so it may be true )

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Tayla "Travel and an entire world has people who married that are from different countries even! Love basically knows no boundaries". There are many people who've married from different countries, religion & cultures. It is more likely possible if you lived in the same town for many times in your young life. I've myself deep relationships with people from different countries.

• Like 1

Difference attracts us, at the beginning, but it takes a lot of effort to make the relationship function, on the long run, after the honeymoon period is over.

It's easier to make it work with someone similar, or from a similar background. Similarity is beyond the place of origin, though.

People evolve and their identity shifts from being defined as from where they are, to where they've lived most, what they do as a job, what they enjoy doing in their free time, their passions, whatever it's most important to them. Sometimes those commonalities may be immaterial things, such as values, same approach on life, same goals...

So... it depends on people, I guess.

To your example, here is why your approach doesn't work. I am from Eastern Europe, but between my 20 and my 30s, I've lived in 5 different countries. I come from a small city, not even the capital... how many things you think I have in common with men my age, from the same country and the same city as me? Some of them never left the city to go to the university... Talked with the same people, interacted with the same friends... And, most women my age are already married with one or two children.

What can I talk to a guy from my city about, other than remembering the highschool time?

• Like 2

Doesn't apply to me. I met my fiance when I was settled in my career and finished school. I am also moving countries to be with him.

• 2 weeks later...
Hie, I a going straight to my point...strictly no rambling..lol.

I have found out that most people are interested in marrying people they knew when they were young usually in their ho town....smilin...can anyone explain this?

I haven't found this at all.

My husband left the small town he was from and married me. I grew up near the second large city he lived in.

My BIL married a woman he went to high school with. I find that to be rare as people travel.

well I guess location cant hurt - it means it wont be long distance, your families , friends are in the same place so neither party has to up root.

But mainly I would of thought It has more to do with age..

like if you grow up with someone, If your kids together, I dunno, I guess im talking more from conversations my family have had than my own experience but I hear like its harder to meet someone later when your more set in your ways and have to try to merge your separate lives as apposed to growing up together when your younger.

I see a lot of young marriages last longer than couples who meet at 26-35, just in my personal experience.

I couldn't wait to move away from where I grew up. When I went to college, I met someone there and got married. Eventually divorced and eventually remarried, also someone from nowhere near where I lived.

It's common, though, to marry people from your area if you stay in your area after high school or college, so I think most people do that.