Weird change of heart.

miss_jaclynrae

miss_jaclynrae

I have always been one to say "I WANT A WEDDING."

It just meant a lot to me, since I didn't have one with my ex, I always have said I NEED to have one. Whoever I am with needs to want one.

So here I am, super in love with my boyfriend, and he tells me he has always wanted to get married at Niagara falls.

I am all for that, but it is FAR, and with all our family here, I could see that being difficult to arrange.

The funny thing though? I don't know if it is all these mushy romance movies I have been watching, or him being gone... but the more I think about it, the more I think I don't want a big wedding. To just be able to have a small thing where we can be ourselves in our raw forms and profess our everlasting love... it seems so much more meaningful and romantic.

I think it would be kinda awesome to run away together and do such a thing. It is bizarre because I seriously have been so adamant about a wedding. IDK, anyone else struggle with the idea of what to do? Big wedding, small wedding, no wedding, just a reception?

[not even engaged yet, but I just love talking about these sort of things. :love:]

I have always been one to say "I WANT A WEDDING."

It just meant a lot to me, since I didn't have one with my ex, I always have said I NEED to have one. Whoever I am with needs to want one.

So here I am, super in love with my boyfriend, and he tells me he has always wanted to get married at Niagara falls.

I am all for that, but it is FAR, and with all our family here, I could see that being difficult to arrange.

The funny thing though? I don't know if it is all these mushy romance movies I have been watching, or him being gone... but the more I think about it, the more I think I don't want a big wedding. To just be able to have a small thing where we can be ourselves in our raw forms and profess our everlasting love... it seems so much more meaningful and romantic.

I think it would be kinda awesome to run away together and do such a thing. It is bizarre because I seriously have been so adamant about a wedding. IDK, anyone else struggle with the idea of what to do? Big wedding, small wedding, no wedding, just a reception?

[not even engaged yet, but I just love talking about these sort of things. :love:]

One of my girlfriends and I really loved talking and planning our weddings, she got married a few years ago, and I remember her saying how it was so weird, but now that she's actually getting married and is head over heels for her fiance, the wedding is not as important to her. She had an intimate destination wedding, which wasn't at all as she had planned before in our talks. I could understand...it's similar to you. I think it's one of those things where how you imagine it before you're in the situation looks different from when you're in the situation. I think when you don't have that person and you're just dreaming, it is easier for it to be more about the wedding, but when you're actually in the situation and the person is a real person and not just a fantasy, the relationship may become more important than the wedding itself.

I've never wanted a big wedding. I've always wanted something fairly intimate, 80 people max. The idea most appealing to me is to do a very intimate ceremony with only our closest family and friends, lots of personalized details and probably a destination wedding.