bad luck to see the dress...

KraftDinner

Hello all,

I don't think of myself as particularly superstitious, but this one has got me thinking...

Just in a lighthearted way, of course!

They say it's bad luck for the groom to see the dress before the wedding. So does this include:

- seeing a photo of a model wearing it in a catalog?

- seeing a sample of it in a different colour in the store?

- the bride-to-be wearing a sample of it in a different colour in the store?

What do you think?

PS, I think I found my dress! Thanks to all who helped me!!!!!!! :D

• Like 3
todreaminblue
Hello all,

I don't think of myself as particularly superstitious, but this one has got me thinking...

Just in a lighthearted way, of course!

They say it's bad luck for the groom to see the dress before the wedding. So does this include:

- seeing a photo of a model wearing it in a catalog?

- seeing a sample of it in a different colour in the store?

- the bride-to-be wearing a sample of it in a different colour in the store?

What do you think?

I dont think it matters at all, all that matters is that you wear it and you are wearing it only for him ....how you look on that day is going to be a once in a lifetime look...doesnt matter if he sees it before.......only that you, the woman in that gorgeous creation you are wearing, is who he wants to spend the rest of his life with and you cant wait to put that dress on.....congrats.....best wishes..hugs huge ones..deb

• Like 3

I wanna seeeeeeee!!!!

This is mine. I'm going to wear red shoes and (maybe) a red crinoline and carry a bouquet of dark red roses with (possibly) dark red lilies.

• Like 5
  • Author
KraftDinner

CarrieT, that dress is absolutely gorgeous!

I still have to find a decent image of mine online. There's one in a dark red or something and it appears to be cropped by half a foot so it really doesn't do it justice. I'll keep looking.

It's strapless, tight through the bodice, just above knee length with a sort of flowy chiffon overlay that sort of goes higher on one thigh. It's very flattering!

I feel like the girls on Friends -- I want to wear it every single day!

I will probably order it tomorrow and then it'll take 2 months, then alterations.

CarrieT, that dress is really beautiful.

Thanks, Kraft!

It is the same dress I'm wearing in my profile picture (only in red) and what I wore on our first date...

I have a big chest and it was driving me nuts that 90% of the decent-looking dresses that exist are strapless. With me, that would just create a giant shelf of flesh. :o

• Like 1

No, I never thought seeing the dress was a big deal. Especially if you are already living together like a married couple. I can understand it more if you are getting married before living together. My husband saw what the dress looked like, but I don't remember whether or not he saw me in it before the wedding.

• Like 1
ImperfectionisBeauty

I think it is bad luck and I would never let the groom (if I ever get a groom) see it before the wedding it takes away from the "ahhh" effect, I want mouths to drop when (if) I get married. Unless I am like old then who the hell cares I guess.

It is the same dress I'm wearing in my profile picture (only in red) and what I wore on our first date...

I love the shoes !!! :love::D

• Like 1

I think the purpose of that superstition is to not see the bride in said dress.

PS: Nice mix of white and red carrie.

I think it is bad luck and I would never let the groom (if I ever get a groom) see it before the wedding it takes away from the "ahhh" effect, I want mouths to drop when (if) I get married. Unless I am like old then who the hell cares I guess.

Aren't you only like 21? You have plenty of time, don't be so negative.

ImperfectionisBeauty
Aren't you only like 21? You have plenty of time, don't be so negative.

22 and getting older by the day. :)

22 and getting older by the day. :)

Did you hear that ?

Did ya ???

It's another one of your atoms decaying.

My fiancé has seen mine, we got to a 3 dress shortlist. Reckon he knows which one it is too. I'm not telling him - not because I'm superstitious, the older I get the less I believe in luck - but just so he sees the ensemble all together on the day, to maximise dramatic effect :)

I say do whatever gives you most pleasure.

• Like 1
Cutiepie1976
Did you hear that ?

Did ya ???

It's another one of your atoms decaying.

No the hair cells in my inner ear withered away from old age millions of eons ago. It's amazing I can still see the occasional ray of light or get my fingers to move. 30+ is the new dead on LS!:p

We want pics SG :)

Dress

It's this but with halter straps, a long-sleeved lace bolero and a little tulle birdcage veil... I'm going to be inappropriately overdressed for an informal village hall wedding, I'm delighted to say :)

• Like 1

NICE! :D

Part of me wished I had had a frou-four wedding, but believes that would be a bit silly for me now. That dress is fabulous!

• Like 1
NICE! :D

Part of me wished I had had a frou-four wedding, but believes that would be a bit silly for me now. That dress is fabulous!

I got infected with that awful illness, Bride's Disease. Complete loss of perspective twinned with a complusion to spend money.

Fortunately a horrendous house move and a holiday meant the symptoms reduced somewhat, but I sense there will be another flare-up in the next couple of weeks. Less than 12 weeks to go, and er... invites not sent.

How long has everyone else got to go?