Ladies: Being Mr Right

Hello

I am a man who is interested in being married one day. It is something that i really look forward to. Not because i am oblivious or naive, but because i want that companionship with a woman for the rest of my life. I am still a virgin and i also have no kids. <- Lol. I am searching for the right girl, but i am even more focused on being the right guy so i can attract her.

So as a guy, I am asking the girls, what is it that you look for in Mr Right?

What are things that you hope for him to be? Do you have like any prerequisites that would attract you to a guy right off the bat? And when you are with a guy, what makes you decide in your head that if he proposes you will say "yes"? Like when does it click?

You are not constrained to these questions. I would like all the womanly help i can get :) Thanks in advance!

Are you seriously asking for women to make a list of what they are looking for in a man ?

Oh, this can only go well. :)

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...
Sw3etdev1L

Mostly women search for: love, for you to show you care, loyalty, respect, trust, a working man who valúes what his wife does for him, appreciation, motivation and support, talking to her with love, solving things without bad words/ hurtful words, romance. And sometimos giving nivel compliments. The rest depends in women as individuals. If she is sporty, she might want you. To be sporty to.

• Like 2
Harlequin_Dog

Oh wow. As others have already said...this can only go well. :lmao:

Just be yourself. The right person will love you for you.

But just to be safe, you might not want to kick puppies or stuff like that. That helps.

• Like 2

Strong sex drive, good hygiene, and knowing how to shut the **** up are pretty much the only things on my list these days. That being said, I'm not looking to get married ever.

• 3 weeks later...
strongnrelaxed
Strong sex drive, good hygiene, and knowing how to shut the **** up are pretty much the only things on my list these days. That being said, I'm not looking to get married ever.

You just took the words out of my mouth and I am a man.

It's really important that the man be genuinely into me. Very affectionate, respectful, high sex drive.

Also, must have integrity, strong sense of morals and justice.

avelonia2013

My list would include a man who:

- Knows who he is and what he wants and isn't afraid to go for it

- Has a warm heart and is cuddly

- Is passionate about sex and can't keep his hands off me :)

- Understands my imperfections and isn't bothered by them & I his

- Loves adventure and exploring new things

- Wants to enjoy life

- Wants to learn, grow and evolve for himself and along side me

- Who is willing to challenge me when he feels I'm wrong

- Loves to laugh!

- Loves and feels family is important

- Has his own interests outside of the relationship

- Respects and encourages me to explore my own interests outside of the relationship

And most of all enjoys riding along on my train called life and vice versa.

That's all I can think of for now. :)

Edited by avelonia2013
Lauriebell82

Standard stuff..faithful, loving, supportive, responsible, respectful, flexible, understanding. I think the key is consistency in those areas. Doesnt mean you have to be perfect, but maintaining those traits are what makes a good husband I think.

• Like 1

Only stay with women if your in love with them. For starters.

I know of people who chase the dream of marriage, children and starting a life with someone; they do not wait for the right person who they are actually in love with.

Once your in love with a women who also proves to be kind and respectful, then really, you should act like "the right man" from the get go.

The traits your seeking? You just need to be that way all along.

You always need to be kind, respectful, LOYAL, and if you have urges to be unfaithful have the balls and strength of character to TALK about it and leave the relationship or marriage if you have issues with fidelity. Or maybe your not in love with them after all, hence the urge to be with others.

Just make sure that you talk things through and do not stay in the relationship because you want marriage and kids.

Encourage communication.

Take the garbage out, run them a hot bath after a long day, do little acts that are not grand gesturers.

Be there for them to talk to if they need you. No matter how busy you are, try to listen.

Don't change yourself to be what some women will list as "Mr. Right". Being someone you're not will get tiring over time and will probably cause you a lot of resentment. You should find someone who appreciates the person you are... I remember watching a show on "love languages" each person feels love differently. Some feel it in the forms of words, others gifts. There's no one size fits all when it comes to being Mr. Right.

If you asked a few years ago I'd say all the standard stuff: Loyal, loving, affectionate, great with family, communicative, intelligent, independent, etc. And then I'd probably add: someone who loves animals, has a great sense of style, and likes a certain type of music. Then if you ask me today, all the standard stuff still applies, but my SO is allergic to most animals, we don't listen to the same music, and he's most comfortable in jeans and a T. No matter what, he is still the love of my life and it's just because his personality matches mine and we become much better (even independently) together than we are apart.

strongnrelaxed

I know you are looking for women's perspectives here but please allow me some minimal consideration. Here are some thoughts.

1. You can engage in a life long relationship with a woman without a marriage contract. It is a huge mistake and if you get married you will find this out. You will not remember me telling you this, but I can say I tried.

2. What a woman wants in a man changes all the time. Just before her menstrual cycle she wants one type of man, and when she gets pregnant she wants another. Age, fertility, hormones and many other factors play into this. There is science on this, so do not take my word - look it up.

3. No matter how much you bring to the table - wealth, looks, intelligence, kindness, good parenting, you name it. A woman will appreciate these things randomly, but ultimately you will be judged for the few traits you do NOT have. You could be perfect in every way- just not too short. You could be brilliant and creative, but not manly enough. Get sick. Get laid of from a job. You will learn this the hard way.

Few young man listen, otherwise there would be virtually zero new marriages.

You have been warned. I hope you will take this in the spirit of support with which it was intended.

Good luck.

todreaminblue

faithful, kind, compassionate,respectful, a ready smile, a soft voice that you know holds conviction in words said......not a push over......stands strong on values he holds but without being selfish or arrogant a man who can be humble......

a man really needs to be who he is from the start no changes, no games.....

there are a few things i notice that hooks me in with guys......are guys who help others......for no personal gain....strong and wonderful men i have known have this trait.....men who will sit with a child and just talk to them, play footy with them.....is a trait i notice.....if a man has time for a child .....i have time for him...i like guys who give a little of who they are ......not all take and bring me my dinner woman....but a happiness in serving others......a sefllessness....shows a kind heart and a passionate/compassionate nature......deb

Immortality

If the original poster is legitimate, you are making a grave mistake.

Women are the poorest judges of what women want from men. Do everything on all those lists and the only thing you guarantee is you will be abused.

Live your life doing things you love, with passion and determination and women (and men) will follow you. Mrs. Right and her friends will then come to you.