no engagement ?

my brother moved in with his girlfriend after dating 1 week she has 2 small kids 9 months later .. they got the marriage lic waited the 72 hrs and got married ! our family is baffled ??? he was married for 5 yrs no kids his divorce final in nov they got married this month

january2011

Perhaps they didn't want to wait?

His life, his girlfriend, his marriage, his choice.

If you have a good relationship with him, you can perhaps broach the subject of why they got married so quickly. But really, I don't think it's your concern. Best to just move on and accept that his wife and her children are part of your family now. Or don't accept it. But most likely the second choice will cause a rift. Unless she's really awful (in a general "most people" would agree sense rather than a "we, the family, think so" sense) then just try to be happy for him/them.

• Like 1

Too bad for the kids who are at the mercy of parents' whims.

For their sake especially, I hope it works out.

• Like 1

do what my family did with my sisters quickie marriage - sit back and let them live. If it's going to work it will work otherwise it'll melt down and then it's over. No need to sweat the small stuff that does not concern you

On the other hand it would be concerning if she's got no job and is using him for money or something. That is not on!

• Like 1
Cutiepie1976

Unless he specifically sought your advice, it's really none of your concern. Their life, their choices. You get to live your life and make the choices you feel are best for you.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
ForeverHopeful1

BUT thats not your business anyway, is it? I mean, I dont care what my brother does with his life, and only care that he is happy. Until he tells me otherwise, I am happy for him. Do I like his wife? Not even a little bit. Do I pretend? Absolutely. Lol. It isnt my life. It isnt my relationship. My brother has stood by me through some REALLY stupid decisions in life and for that, I thank him for just supporting me and not trying to run my life, or make MY decisions for me.

Support him. Its all you can really do anyway, right?