Stuck not being able to speak..

My boyfriend and I have had our issues, but before we took a break due to rumours (mentioned in my post "Am I overreacting? I don't think so.."

we were engaged before we split, but are now just in a relationship. I was going to buy him an engagement ring for Christmas, but couldn't because I didn't have the money, and I wasn't sure how he'd react.

We still talk about getting married one day, and are keeping the same date we picked out before. But I want to propose to him.

Every day I find myself holding back the words "Will you marry me?"

maybe it's because Ive never really been the type to believe in the woman proposing. But this is a new age, and it happens all the time. So why am I so afraid?

I don't think he'd say no.

But I can't get the words off of my tongue,

and I don't know what to do.

• Like 1

Women... don't propose to your man... He will do it when he is ready. Its going to feel rushed, pressured, and emasculating.

• Author

I don't think my boyfriend would feel that way at all. He isn't the every day guy. Or average person, to boot. I have an issue expressing my feelings regardless of what it is.

But thank you for your input.

I'll just not do it

Why are you holding back 'every day'? If you're getting married in any case, and would like a formal proposal, why not something special? Take him somewhere or set up a treasure hunt or write a poem...

If you really WANT to marry him, how you do it won't be a concern.