Bachelor/Bachelorette parties after living together

pink_sugar

Ok, I'm just curious on everyone's input on bachelor/ette parties when the couple has been living together for a few years prior to marriage. My brother is getting married this summer to his girlfriend of nearly 5 years...been living together nearly 4 years now. To me, it seems a bit silly to have a big single's bash with strippers when the hurrah ship sailed a long time ago. I can understand it more within the first year or two...but after that, you are living together as a married couple without the piece of paper and thus your single hood was over a long time ago. Maybe a night out on the town with friends for girls and grabbing a few beers with guys shortly before would be more appropriate.

• Like 1

That is the logical and respectful aspect of this argument. Most men see a stripper as their one last shot before being "tied down" to one woman forever. There are some that take it as an opportunity to cheat. Ive been to a bunch of bachelor parties. Some were innocent and some def werent (but those brides never found out and those men felt very entitled and justified in what they did)

This is the world we live in unfortunately

• Like 1

It's a big part of the wedding tradition in the UK. I don't agree with the outdated practice of one last hurrah (potentially sleeping with someone else) before you settle down. But the bonding with peers and having a big night out before all the wedding stuff kicks in is good fun.

• 2 weeks later...
Feelin Frisky

I so hate the idea of bachelor parties. I've been to my share and it's drunken insanity for no reason that adds up. I hate strip clubs and would never get on line for a bj from some bought ho(s). Friends of mine chartered a fishing party boat that could accomdate 50 people or so. They had two hookers up in the wheel house. Dudes were on line. How can that be considered good in any way? I drank, ate pizza and threw up back at the dock. Oh joy.

• Like 1