Bachelorette party dilemma?

Eternal Sunshine

Eternal Sunshine

A friend has asked me to organize a bachelorette party for her.

She has also requested no penis shaped anything. I asked her how does she feel about strippers and she said that she doesn't know and will get back to me on that (she didn't get back to me yet and I need to keep moving with the organization).

So I am not sure if hiring a stripper is bad idea and she will hate it? I really, really want to and so do the other girls. It's the most fun part of the evening :bunny:

Just to mention, she is very informal about the wedding, a bit of a tomb boy and not really one of bridezillas in any way :D

Isn't there a city you can go to that has clubs, one with male strippers?

Get some form of transportation for everyone so everyone can drink and go hit a big city. Or is that not an option?

I asked her how does she feel about strippers and she said that she doesn't know and will get back to me on that

She didn't say no, so I'm pretty sure that means "Yes, I want some strippers (but I want it to be a surprise so that I can later say 'Haha! I had no idea that there would be strippers there!')"

You know what you need to do.

• Like 4
  • Author
Eternal Sunshine
Isn't there a city you can go to that has clubs, one with male strippers?

Get some form of transportation for everyone so everyone can drink and go hit a big city. Or is that not an option?

Yep that's an option..

I was kind of looking forward to someone coming and saying "You have been arrested" or something equally cheesy :lmao:

It's also going to be fun selecting the stripper :o

Team Bride are organising my hen and I have made it clear I don't want willies or strippers and I mean it! If she's not laying the law down heavy I'd say she is up for being surprised, even if she's faux-mortified when it happens :)

I'd avoid getting the male stripper tbh.

About 5-10% of cases it tends to end up in very inappropriate stuff.

There was a guy on LS a while back who's fiance had something like this in Vegas with her married friends.

Turns out she had some touchy [too much] fun with the stripper, he found out even though every girl there kept it hidden ... they broke up, he informed their husbands/bf's.

During that thread, someone linked this blog of a male stripper who confirmed he gets BJ's in about 5-10% of cases and the girls egg on future bride into doing it.

So i would steer clear of the whole stripper thing [for bachelor or bachelorette party].

She did say 'nothing shaped as willie', and the thing most shaped like a willie, is a damn willie.

• Like 3

Just call her and tell her she needs to decide, and if she doesn't want to, then you'll have to because time is running out?

IMO a 'I don't know...' usually means the person isn't really comfortable with it but is hesitant to say so because she doesn't want to disappoint the others, though.

For myself, I want more of what the British call a hen party, not the American bachlorette party. But I have been pretty emphatic no strippers. Just not my thing.

So, if she left it vague, I would follow up one more time.

But if we have a stripper coming, he can focus on another girl if she is uncomfortable?

Noooo it's her party! Why would you want to organize something that she'd be uncomfortable with? Get the stripper for someone else's party!

A big thing for parties (bachelorette included) here in the US is to go to a drag club. I don't know if they exist down under, but I hear they are a blast. :)

• Like 1

I hate to say it - but every lady should organise her OWN batchelorette party - that way, at least she definitely knows what's coming....

I arranged my own - and everything went smoothly, according to plan.

I let it be known to my best friend that I didn't want any nasty surprises, and sure enough, I didn't get any - although I found out later that a couple of the other girls had run some secret plans by her - and she advised them in no uncertain terms (on my behalf) that it wouldn't go down well....

Brilliant night, arranged by me, which went exactly as i wanted it to!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author
Eternal Sunshine

I decided not to get a stripper..,,,

However I spoke with bride to be last night and she sounded disappointed when I said there won't be a stripper :confused: so I asked her again if she wants one. She said that she really wants one but her husband to be will be upset... Unless we pretend it was a complete surprise arranged by me :D then she emailed me a list of preferences in looks of a stripper and said: even 2 or 3 would be good :confused:

Well, bride gets what bride wants :bunny:

• Like 1
A friend has asked me to organize a bachelorette party for her.

She has also requested no penis shaped anything. I asked her how does she feel about strippers and she said that she doesn't know and will get back to me on that (she didn't get back to me yet and I need to keep moving with the organization).

So I am not sure if hiring a stripper is bad idea and she will hate it? I really, really want to and so do the other girls. It's the most fun part of the evening :bunny:

Just to mention, she is very informal about the wedding, a bit of a tomb boy and not really one of bridezillas in any way :D

No strippers for a bachelorette party?

You know what that's called?

A tupperware party.

• Like 3
BetheButterfly
I decided not to get a stripper..,,,

However I spoke with bride to be last night and she sounded disappointed when I said there won't be a stripper :confused: so I asked her again if she wants one. She said that she really wants one but her husband to be will be upset... Unless we pretend it was a complete surprise arranged by me :D then she emailed me a list of preferences in looks of a stripper and said: even 2 or 3 would be good :confused:

Well, bride gets what bride wants :bunny:

I don't think doing something that would make one's loved one upset is the best way to start marriage... I'm so glad my husband didn't have a bachelor's party and hire a stripper... I would have been furious... not just upset. Is her husband going to have a bachelor's party and have strippers? If he is going to have strippers but would be upset that she does, that would be hypocritical. However, if both of them are going to have strippers at their respective parties, I guess they are a match.

• Like 1