Should I go ahead and date her, subsequently marrying her?

shuddersweat

Hi Everyone,

There is this girl i have been dating for six years now, of late she came confessing that she once kissed a guy which later culminated into deep romance without sex. She confessed that she did it because i wasnt there for her and i was having affair with other girls around. The guy in question happens to be my friend though from a distance. Dont know how to handle this, more reason i deem it neccessary to share with friends here for advice.

Thanks for your kind contribution.

Well if you were cheating on her and she cheated on you - why would you want to stay together?

Also, why are you questioning if you should keep her after she kissed a guy, when you have had affairs with other girls?

Do you believe you should do things but she shouldn't.

Her excuse is lame - if she was upset by your cheating she should have left you.

Honestly, just leave each other, this can't possibly lead anywhere good.

Good luck!

• Like 2

Yeah, I agree with tiger. Why would you even want to stay together if you both cheat on each other? My advice is to have some casual relationships for awhile until you become mature enough for a monogomous one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Thanks tiger,

There's nothing more to it than what you just said. moreover, all my friends are saying the same thing. Have been forewarned and i have to heed to it.

Thanks for your reply..

• 4 months later...
  • Author
shuddersweat

Not with another person except her, i had told her our relationship wont lead us to marriage and she agreed while we parted. But lately, we just start professing love for each other and having sex again. Don't know what exactly the problem is, but i think we still love each other. Am so confused!!!

ImperfectionisBeauty

6 years is a long time to date with nothing coming of it. It is wasted time I personally say marry her

6 years on and you both have played around one another's back to one extent or another. Surely that must undermine both the respect for and trust in one another? It sounds to me that there is something between you that either exists or is missing that prevents a completion of the circle, yet you both heavily lean on one another maybe only because of how much time has passed between you. Is it because you both are looking for something else, something undefinable or that you both don't know how to move on, independent of one another?

Harlequin_Dog
6 years is a long time to date with nothing coming of it. It is wasted time I personally say marry her

Wait- you think he should marry her? After 6 years of him not being sure? If you're not sure after 6 years, all signs point to she's NOT the one. I say keep moving.

• Like 1
ForeverHopeful1
Wait- you think he should marry her? After 6 years of him not being sure? If you're not sure after 6 years, all signs point to she's NOT the one. I say keep moving.

My sentiments exactly!

ImperfectionisBeauty

6 years is a lot of wasted time. The right thing to do would be marry her just for making her suffer 6 long years.