Should I try to Get Her Back?

Assuming that I survive my current battle with cancer I need to know if it would be a good idea to try to get my ex girlfriend back.

She broke it off with me because I did not want to get married. So she said "Fine. I will marry someone else".

It has been a year and a half since the breakup. She added me to her facebook page 6 months after the breakup. That gives me the advantage of checking her page to see if she has moved on to another relationship. She still has some of our pictures up. Her relationship status says single. Does not look like any guys have left any flirting comments on her page.

She still intitates contact with me. I get a call or text once or twice a month since the breakup. So I have been in limited contact with her. I have not been able to move on because of limited contact.

Earlier this year she talked about how she gets really sad sometimes that we did not work out because she liked me so much.

I feel like I made a mistake to not marry her when I had the chance. As each week goes by I feel an increasing emptiness in my heart that may never go away. I do not find fulfillment in anything that I do whether hanging out with friends or anything. I am very depressed without her.

At this point I don't know whether she has put me in the friend-zone or whether she still has feelings for me but is protecting herself from getting hurt again by me.

If she is truly still single which it appears that she is then I might have a chance to make things right with her. If she does not take me back then I might as well die from cancer because I am not so sure I want to live without her anyway. I do not want to live the next 50 years regretting my decision. I see her in my dreams alot too.

• 2 weeks later...