waiting to hear if I have skin cancer...supposed to be getting married soon

So I am pretty terrified right now...I go to the dermatologist next week to have a spot on my forehead biopsied for possible skin cancer. It looks so much like amelanotic melanoma which is a rare but serious skin cancer that also has a high reoccurence rate even if its cured the first time. I am only 26 years old but melanoma is the most common skin cancer in people my age.

I am also supposed to be getting married in May. I am trying to prepare myself for what is going to happen if im diagnosed with melanoma. I know I shouldnt panic yet, as it could be something non serious but I cant help but wonder what my next step should be. If diagnosed, I think I would have to cancel the wedding. I would have to have surgery to remove it from my face so I will look awful for awhile....not to mention if I would have to have radiation or chemo for months afterwards. The worst part is thinking that I would honestly probably break it off with my fiance altogether....I dont want him to have to deal with all of this too. Its not fair to him. Who knows how scarred my face would be, how many doctor visits and bills I would have, how depressed I would get. Also, I doubt I would want to have children if I am in remission from cancer because I dont want to bring children into this world that would have a chance of losing their mother at a young age from cancer. I just want my fiance to be happy and to live a normal life...not be burdened with a wife that is sick.

Am I crazy for thinking like this? I know I dont have any answers about what is wrong with me yet and it could be nothing but I cant get these thoughts out of my head.

I think you are exaggerating.

Dating is a test drive, he decided to be with you.

If he loves, all of this won't matter to him, it might even bring him even closer to you [guys are suckers for damsel in distress].

It is also a bit selfish in a way, because you are making his decission for him.

Cheer up... everyone gets cancer these days, it's the nature of the polluted f-ed up world we live in.

Also, chances are, it's either nothing, or pre-cancer at this point. Good for you for going to the dermatologist early.

What does your finance say when you discuss your fears with him?

Since you have been planning to get married, now might be a great time for some PMC to help you through this period of fear and doubt.

Life changing events usually either bring a couple closer together or tear them apart. Regardless of outcome, and I hope it's positive and you die an old lady in her bed, you and your fiance should face this as a team. Good luck.