Gunny376

After a long absence, I'm back here on the forum.

Some here may remember, most won't. I'm here to learn from others and their experiences. But rathe than re-active its an attempt to be pro-active.

For the first time since my one and only marriage? I'm getting MARRIED again to a wonderful, dear, cherieshed, loved, moving, caring, giving, sensitive...........................(HELP!!!!!!!!! I've ran out agjectives and can't get up! :laugh:)

Its not a rush job :laugh: Its been years and years in the making!!!! Certainly not a re-bound relationship.

I'll post from time to time.

Just wanted to share with those here that remember me!

Guns

• Like 20
whichwayisup

I sent you a PM like a year ago as I was worried, you just upped and disappeared!!

Congrats Gunny! You totally deserve the best.

Your wisdom and wonderful advice has helped so many on here..Do update once in a while eh.

january2011

Welcome back, Gunny. I remember reading your posts when I first lurked on here a couple of years ago. They contributed to my joining the site.

Congratulations on your impending nuptials. :bunny:

• Author
Welcome back Gunny!

Congrats on the impending nuptials! (I hope) :)

I believe we'll make this one wok. We're both being pro-active in it, going into it with both eyes open. We're older, more mature, more experienced, more knowledgebale. We've learned from the past and from our past mistakes.

Which is not to say that there's not a lot of work that goes into making ANY relationship work? Just don't EVER want to take her nor our relationship/marriage for granted.

I described my "Sack Theory" to her last night and asked her if I had a small sack or a large sack and she told me that I have a large one.

I don't have all of the solutions to all of the problems, nor all of the answers to all of the questions? I'm old enough now to know that I never will.

I thought I did when I was in my 20's, but then I got to my 30's and realize I didn't. Thought I had it nailed down shut when I wan in my forties but now that I'm in my fifties I've come to realize that I never will.

For the time being? I'm just trying to keep it "Real" and keep it all balanced. Keep it in the present, not the past and not so much thought more than necessary in the future.

The past is a canceled check, the future t'ain't nothing than a promissary note. TODAY? Is cash in the bank, Baby!

• Like 2
For the first time since my one and only marriage? I'm getting MARRIED again to a wonderful, dear, cherieshed, loved, moving, caring, giving, sensitive...........................

Couldn't happen to a better man.

Gunny? Getting Ma ma ma MARRIED!!!???? Is this some sort of rum soaked dream?? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Big congratulations to you Guns!!!!!!!!

Its been a good day today.:D

TOJAZ

Congrats! I too just got married after being divorced for only two years. Wow that was fast.

One thing I found out quick is that a single sucessful middle aged man is in VERY hight demand. Especially as a matramonial prospect LOL.

But then I guess I dont have to tell you that right?

Here's to another 20 years if I can make it that long!

threebyfate

A million 'grats Gunny!! :bunny:

Also remarried (trialbyfire), one toddler and currently pregnant with our second. When people keep on plugging, good things can and do happen.

Gunny, I remember you well and can quote some of your posts without even peeking. Congrats to you, this is wonderful news.

• Like 1
Darth Vader

I was concerned too Gunny, you just dropped off the radar with no trace, glad you're alright!:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

how wonderful! Congratulations, Gunny, I wish you and your sweet bride many, many happy years together :love::love::love: