21 and engaged...

So, i am 21 and engaged to be married. I will have just turned 22 at the time of the wedding.

I have just recently started a new job. When people find out im 21 and engaged they 1) ask if i am pregnant(which i am not) and 2) ask me WHY im getting married so young. I have gotten so many crazy looks.

I've had issues relating to people my own age because we are at such diffrent points in our lives.

My question is: have any other younger brides dealt with this? and to other: would you react like my coworkers and why?

No, I wouldn't look at you crazy at all. That's your life, you know what I mean. If you and your man are deeply in love, why not. They're probably mad because don't nobody wanna marry their crazy asses. Enjoy your life. By the way, have you and your man been dating for a while now,(hopefully), because if not,that can raise another question.

• Author

we've been dating for...nearly two years, and had been "almost dating"(we hung out with each other all the time, but never kissed, or made anything official) for another year, and we're close friends for a year longer then that.

and btw, thanks for not thinking im crazy, lol.

You're welcome. And btw, some people be engaged for a while before they actually get married. As long as you weren't pressured to get married to him you're alright..

My question is: have any other younger brides dealt with this? and to other: would you react like my coworkers and why?

I wouldn't get too annoyed with people, it's understandable that they would question it. Most normal (i.e., average) 21 years old I know aren't ready to be married, but that's not to say you shouldn't. You may be in the minority. Some people mature faster than others. If you know what you want in a partner already good for you, some people never figure it out.

Trust me, people ask questions anytime you aren't in the average. I'm not married and I have the opposite problem (I'm 27, btw). I used to get annoyed with people who would ask me why I'm not married. It was strange, when I in college it was never a problem being single. As soon as I got out of college, though, it seemed like the expectation immediately changed and that I should be married. I guess because I seem like a stable person with a good job and I'm not much of a party animal that must mean I want to be married. I haven't quite figured that out yet, lol.

By the way, check out my signature. It's ok to be different.:)

I dont know why people make a big deal about marrying young.

PLus I dont think that 21 is a young age to get married. When your ready your ready and no other should say differently. If your happy and thats what you want then go for it and forget what other people say.

Im 20 years old and me myself I'm not ready yet, but thats cause I want to finish school first. As soon as I'm out then ya I'll be looking to settle down. So i myself will be around your age 21/22. My parents got married at the age 18 almost 19..they've been dating since they were 13 and have been married 25 years and they are happy as ever can be.

Not everyone is as lucky finding the person they want to live with for life at your age, they are just jealous!! Good Luck with the WEDDING..its exciting :)

I find that odd to hear because where I live (PHX, AZ) I'm 21 and all my friends around the same age are getting married and having kids. So go with your heart :) Love can happen to anyone. Young or old.