How do you tone the relationship back down to platonic

Ex turned good friend. Started sleeping together again after we both became single. We work far far better as friends, but we can't stop ****ing each other. It's pretty much all the benefits of a romantic relationship without the additional expectations of fidelity or the idea of marriage being down the line. And that keeps things sane and romantic in its own weird way.

I'd be with this girl if I knew it wouldn't drive the both of us crazy. But because I know we didn't work, at some point, we're going to have to stop sleeping together and pursue healthier relationships. But we'd like to retain each other as friends. The issue is being able to let a new partner in while having a profound connection with someone else. I don't know if that's possible :/

RecentChange

It's not really possible.

Why would you expect someone new to accept you being close friends with someone you used to bang? Would you be okay with a new GF having a best guy friend that she likes to sleep with?

Also, by not ending this, you really aren't opening yourself up for someone new.

I've had FWB where we've gone back and forth between lovers and platonic friends multiple times. If she started dating someone, I'd back off, and we'd keep things platonic. If the relationship fizzled, we'd pick things back up again. I want the best for her, and if that's an exclusive, monogamous relationship, then I'll stay out of the way while she pursues one. It may be easier for me to do this, because I have a great relationship I can focus on a bit more, anyway - and other friends as well.

• Like 1

Likely one or the other of you will be jealous and possessive if you start seeing other people, so you may need a clean break and then maybe years down the line you can maybe be acquaintances.