She has a boyfriend....

I met this woman about a year ago and we quickly became friends. I was attracted to her didn't bother to peruse because of her relationship status and the fact that I just wasn't ready to date anyone I could potentially get feelings for. The problem is, after spending time with her and being involved in her life I've grown to really admire and respect her. I've had several opportunities to make a move and I just chicken out not wanting to complicate her or my situation. Last week I asked her out , took her to do a fun activity followed by dinner and drinks. I panicked and after I sent a follow up text I basically ghosted her and have not replied to her texts. I don't want to ruin a friendship but at this point I think I may want to actually date her. ****! Should I just disappear or what? I'm not trying to orbit her like most guys and wait around for her to break up with her long distance boyfriend... advice anyone. Oh and please don't tell me to tell her how I feel. I am not capable of doing that. Not even drunk.

Don't ghost her if she's your friend. Friends treat each other more thoughtfully then that.

If you can't tell her how you feel, beat aaround the bush. Ask her open ended Qs about her LDR BF especially Qs about wouldn't she want to date somebody closer? Doesn't she miss him? Do she think the distance will ever end? Etc.

She will figure out your motives & deal with your crush.

Don't ghost her.

But start to be a little more distance.

Don't invite her to do stuff with you, don't text or call a lot.

Because you need to get over her.