Is he embarrassed by me?

Ok so I'm a senior in high school and recently I hooked up with this "popular" guy. Now I'm not really popular but this isn't the first time a "popular" guy has shown interest in me at my high school. I sorta have a bad rep and people who don't know me assume I'm a mean girl(something that happened in the past). Anyways after hooking up with this guy he didn't talk to me for weeks. We never really talked at all before but I always sorta got this vibe from him that he was trying extra hard not to notice me and I figured he had a thing for me. So back to the story, we hooked up he ignored me and I ignored him and now he wants me to hook up again like a month later and he told me that he "wants me so bad". But the thing is he hasn't told his friends that we hooked up. I would assume that any 18 year old guy would brag about something like this but he hasn't. Is it cause he is embarrassed that I'm not "popular" like him? He has no problem talking to the popular girls at school but we never really acknowledge each other at school. I know it was dumb to hook up with him, but can anyone give me some insight into his brain? Thanks.

You have this backwards.

He isn't kissing & telling (or to use your words bragging) because he respects you. Good guys don't go around advertising their conquests.

• Like 1

Is it safe to assume that "hooking up" means sex? Of course I can't know for sure, but, as a hetero guy, it seems he's using you for sex but doesn't want others to know it. He wants to keep his social status and have you for sex. So are you OK with that? Do you like the sex and are OK with using him for your own gratification? In other words, use him like he's using you.

Again, this is my opinion, but if what you describe is accurate, that's what it sounds like.

• Like 5
RecentChange

Do you really want to be having sex with a guy who does his best to ignore you except when he wants to have sex with you?

• Like 5

D0nnivain is right about kissing and telling. I do think the best guys don't do that.

But, to totally ignore you and not acknowledge you at all is something different. It suggests to me that he sees you as a sexual outlet only. If you're okay with that, then that's fine.

Personally, I've been in that situation with some women seeing me as simply something to satisfy a fetish. I'm not a sex toy. I refused to be treated like that. If you can't acknowledge me in person, then get your jollies somewhere else.

That's just my opinion.

Do what you're comfortable with.

• Like 2
CautiouslyOptimistic
You have this backwards.

He isn't kissing & telling (or to use your words bragging) because he respects you. Good guys don't go around advertising their conquests.

I'm not sure this is necessarily true.

OP, don't hook up with boys you are not in relationship with or who will not acknowledge you afterwards. What's in it for you?

• Like 1

If I could have any do-overs in my life, it would be my teenage years and being in shoes similar to yours.

I thought that the boys who kissed me or fooled around with me were actually interested in me. I'd meet a boy and we'd get together and I'd get all excited thinking that it may go somewhere. But it never did.

Eventually I learned that if a guy wanted to date me, he'd start by asking me out and we'd do boyfriend/girlfriend things. Please don't make my mistakes.

• Like 3

I agree with those saying that they think he's using you. That's what I think, too. A guy who wants to keep you his bedroom secret, isn't worth wasting your time on, imo.

So he sleeps with you, ignores you for weeks, and only talks to you when he wants to sleep with you again. I doubt he's embarrassed by you, he just wants to **** and that's it. Which is perfectly fine if he's not leading you on and you're okay with it.

But if you're looking to be more than just a lay to him, you should probably try talking with him before sleeping with him again. That is if you even want to. I think his motives/intentions are pretty clear.

Another who agrees he's only interested in you for sex. Don't give it to him, if you want a relationship with him.