Why does my friends with benefits gets jealous?

adrianahoxha

I used to date a guy, but he was too young and wasn't ready for a committed relationship, so he broke up with me and after a while, we became friends with benefits. At the beginning he wasn't jealous at all, he even said that he was ok with me meeting other guys. But now something has changed. He is way more jealous than when we were together. When i casually talk about other guys in a very innocent way, most of the times he gets jealous, and sometimes he even insults them. Furthemore, I told him that an older collegue of mine (which is ugly, so not a threat for him) likes me and even text me often, he went on and said: "tell him that he should not desire someone' else woman". In addition, everytime that I meet him, he's never happy or relaxed,but he looks quiet nervous and sad.

I am so confused by this behaviour, i dont know what to think.

Next time he does it, ask him "are you OK?" or "what's going on?" Confronting him will make him shut down, but if you ask in an open manner and listen to his answer, he will likely tell you what he's feeling.

I can't read his mind here, but many men enter into FWB arrangements to get regular NSA sex and while many want to retain the ability to have sex with other women at the same time, many men will expect that woman to be only having sex with him.

He may be developing "feelings" but do not bank on that, it may just be the usual possessive male thing. Too many women mistake this kind of jealousy for "love", when that is not what it is.

You are HIS woman and no other man gets to come near you, in case he loses the regular sex.

• Like 1
I used to date a guy, but he was too young and wasn't ready for a committed relationship, so he broke up with me and after a while, we became friends with benefits. At the beginning he wasn't jealous at all, he even said that he was ok with me meeting other guys. But now something has changed. He is way more jealous than when we were together. When i casually talk about other guys in a very innocent way, most of the times he gets jealous, and sometimes he even insults them. Furthemore, I told him that an older collegue of mine (which is ugly, so not a threat for him) likes me and even text me often, he went on and said: "tell him that he should not desire someone' else woman". In addition, everytime that I meet him, he's never happy or relaxed,but he looks quiet nervous and sad.

I am so confused by this behaviour, i dont know what to think.

You've told him all you want from him is sex and friendship? And that you're still looking for another man for a committed relationship? And he's ok with that...right? He agreed to this...right?

If so, he seems to have forgotten. Remind him again of the agreement.

Yes, I agree with the poster above that a lot of guys do not think the woman will also be having sex with other guys.

Anyway, do you want a commitment from him or not? If so, talk to him and tell him if he wants to be exclusive, that road goes both ways. If you don't (and I don't think I would since he demoted you to fwb, stop telling him about your other dates, but definitely keep dating and when he wants you and you're busy, don't go into detail Just say "Sorry, I already have plans."