about my feelings for my friend??

We have been good friends for years, I'm 34 and he is 29. I

used to think he liked me in the beginning but I always saw him more as a friend. He has a girlfriend now. I'm single.

The other night he came round to see me. I was just thinking to myself how much I enjoyed his conversation and we have so much in common. Then he moved over to me and we kissed. Other stuff happened to but we stopped short of sex.

Well the next day he was still kind of hugging me in bed and it was nice. We talked as normal. Then he had to leave.

Well he has been messaging me for the past two days since it happened. Which is great so not awkward. But we haven't mentioned what happened. I kind of want to talk about it but I'm shy to bring it up. The problem is I'm starting to think I do have feelings for him now and I'd like him to feel the same but I just don't know.

Also he does have a girlfriend. He says they don't get on well anymore but obviously it's his choice.

What should I do? Just wait and see or ask him? Should he have brought it up? I feel really confused.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Paragraphs and move to F&L

You're going to have to not ignore that he's got a girlfriend and keep bringing that up to see how that's going or you'll end up the side dish. Maybe just say, "I guess we should behave ourselves while you have a girlfriend." This says two things, that you wouldn't mind misbehaving with him again and if he wants to do that, he'll need to lose the girlfriend. But think it through before you encourage him and be sure you really are attracted to him and want to follow through. Don't mess up his relationship for no reason, you know?

• Like 1
You're going to have to not ignore that he's got a girlfriend and keep bringing that up to see how that's going or you'll end up the side dish. Maybe just say, "I guess we should behave ourselves while you have a girlfriend." This says two things, that you wouldn't mind misbehaving with him again and if he wants to do that, he'll need to lose the girlfriend. But think it through before you encourage him and be sure you really are attracted to him and want to follow through. Don't mess up his relationship for no reason, you know?

^^^^^^

I second this. Please take the time to position yourself right.

Sidenote:

Peraph.... sometimes I think you might be the genius version of dr. Phil.

^^^^^^

I second this. Please take the time to position yourself right.

Sidenote:

Peraph.... sometimes I think you might be the genius version of dr. Phil.

No, I'm the unfortunate soul who has made most of these mistakes at one time or another! But thanks for saying so.

• Like 1