How to get her from being a friend to being a lover

Here is is the deal, I hope this is the right subforum to post this.

I am deeply in love with this girl from University. She is amazing funny and just plain gorgeous to me but I have this problem:

We met last year, September 2015 and I immediately thought I had something for her. At the time I was in a relationship with another girl so I could not proceed to make a move. My feelings for her grew, we became friends and also part of the same group of friends over at college, you know. She even met my girlfriend at some point there. Fast forward to summer 2015 , I break up with my girlfriend, and after that, on vacation with my friends from college, I confess to this girl that I like her, only to get turned down because "I never thought of something more going on between us", "I like our relationship as it is" etc etc. That didn't hinder our friendship in the slightest though, and we kept on talking. I just can't seem to get her out of my mind though and the thing is she seems to have no problem with talking about meeting guys at clubs when I am present as of now. At this point, I really really want to make something happen between us but I have no idea how, I know there is a soft side in her for me, other people even tell me so. What to do? Any advice on the prospect of making her mine?

Sadly I don't think there is anything you can do.

She placed you firmly in the friendzone and told you she is not interested in you romantically. You will have to accept that.

• Author

That seems to be the case pretty much, but If I don't do something else I'll feel pretty wrong about it. I want to do something that will have even a very slight chance of success. I need some ideas like this

PrettyEmily77
That seems to be the case pretty much, but If I don't do something else I'll feel pretty wrong about it. I want to do something that will have even a very slight chance of success. I need some ideas like this

Looks like she explicitly told you she wasn't interested in you in that way, so what you're saying is that you'd like to go against her wishes?

Has she given you any indication that your feelings are reciprocated? Are you ok risking losing your friendship over this?

Do you not think it would be wiser (and more considerate) to rethink your strategy based on both her words and actions?

If you still want to go ahead regardless, take a cue from any random chick flick and hope for the best.

Good luck, OP!

• Like 2
curiouslysearching
Looks like she explicitly told you she wasn't interested in you in that way, so what you're saying is that you'd like to go against her wishes?

Has she given you any indication that your feelings are reciprocated? Are you ok risking losing your friendship over this?

Do you not think it would be wiser (and more considerate) to rethink your strategy based on both her words and actions?

If you still want to go ahead regardless, take a cue from any random chick flick and hope for the best.

Good luck, OP!

Emily is right on target with her advice....NO means NO (you know what I mean)....just be kind and see if her feelings eventually change....if it does

not, then there is someone else meant for you

She told you how she feels. If you want to ruin the friendship, go right ahead and do something stupid. Just realize youre very likely to get totally cut off.

When people tell you something, believe them. Its not all about you.

• Author

Of course you are all right, but as I mentioned, It's not that those feelings are 100% not reciprocated. Sometimes she acts all sweetly and caring, we can talk for hours, we talk a lot... It seems like a more "special" kind of friendship to someone watching from outside this, and I believe it too. That's the main reason I'm still on to this, because I believe I have a chance , maybe slight, to get something out of it

Life lessons
Of course you are all right, but as I mentioned, It's not that those feelings are 100% not reciprocated. Sometimes she acts all sweetly and caring, we can talk for hours, we talk a lot... It seems like a more "special" kind of friendship to someone watching from outside this, and I believe it too. That's the main reason I'm still on to this, because I believe I have a chance , maybe slight, to get something out of it

I would take everyone's advice here. She's told you she isn't interested in more from you. If that changes, you'll certainly know. A lot of females are sweet and talkative. That doesn't mean she thinks more of you than a good friend. If you keep pushing it then you may risk losing the friendship. If I were in your situation, I would simply continue the friendship and see where it leads down the road. Maybe even back off a little...girls do like being being chased but don't want a clingy man. If she feels like you're pushing her then that'll push her away.

She's not attracted to you and you can't make her be interested romantically in you. She told you so. This wasn't a "maybe." If a woman tells you in even the mildest fashion she isn't interested or feel that way about you, it's a no and it's not going to change. Just like how some girl you weren't the least interested in couldn't make you change and be attracted to her.

You can be sweet and caring to your grandmother. Doesn't mean you want to kiss her. She isn't attracted to you that way and isn't going to be.